Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bertrand[_3_]
Forum: Techniques June 14th 21, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Power Meters

Cat 1's and 2's often pull 1600-1800 watts out of the turns in crits. But you can watch those number drop ever lap until 800 watts in a sprint at the end of the race is good. I can only imagine...
Forum: Techniques June 11th 21, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
A Philly bike for Boris

http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Olive/iReader/PhiladelphiaInquirer/SharedArticle.ashx?document=PHQP%5C2021%5C06%5C11&article=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5
Forum: Techniques May 11th 21, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Mini Pump

If you carry a clown pump only use it when you run out of CO2 catridges. When you carry 2 tubes and 2 CO2 cartridges carrying a clown pump is only usefull if you also carry a patch kit. It is...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 21, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
I was crapper today, but hey over two years.

But no I took off and at mile 35 I was 22 miles from home rear tire very low. Ok seems like slow leak pump and go. I did and sure enough got worse. So stopped and put on the new tube. I have not...
Forum: Techniques March 25th 21, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Pump head and hose?

On 3/25/2021 12:34, Luns Tee wrote:
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 11:04:49 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 9:30:21 PM UTC-5, ...
Forum: Techniques March 24th 21, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
New Airless Tires Coming "NASA" "Titanium" "Eco-Conscious"

On 3/24/2021 11:09, sms wrote:
Anytime a company uses "NASA" and "titanium" in its marketing beware, but yet
another airless tire design is coming soon.

Still, there's probably a market for...
Forum: Techniques March 20th 21, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 148
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Descending

More seriously, I don't know how enthusiastic Eddy was about
technology changes back in his glory days. Perhaps he wasn't
much interested? Unlike say LeMond, he didn't seem to need
Forum: Techniques March 16th 21, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Randonneur aerodynamics

And when is a handlebar bag a fairing? I'd like to see the wind tunnel experiments on that one. Jan comes up with a whole lot of untested, intuitive truths that conveniently fit his product...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 21, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Are KMC-Z chains directional?

I took the chain of one of my bikes (Shimano HG701, 11 speed Ultegra/XT level
11) and took a photo of both outer plates and one can see the subtle difference:

Forum: Techniques February 15th 21, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 245
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
OT: Skippy The Thief Peter Howard = News2021 = Flunkmeister =Sockpuppets Galore

:-)Â* Nope. Around this town, bike bells are very uncommon. Aside from my family
(whom I've supplied) I can think of only one other member of our club who has one.

New Jersey law requires a...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 21, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
It needs a ramp! RIP HWY 1

There's also the Lake Nacimiento to Ferguson Rd.Â* I've never tried it
but I hear that it's probably 4WD only:
Forum: Techniques January 29th 21, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 134
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Growth of voting

Interestingly enough although very poorly reported at least two people dropped dead within one day of receiving the covid-19 vaccine which has no side effects.

People drop dead after getting...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 21, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
YouTube - We Still Don’t Know How Bicycles Work

Steve, did you notice the part that said, "This calculator is designed to give the approximate circumference of any ellipse."? There is no formula for finding the circumference of an oval....
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 21, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 134
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Growth of voting

On 1/22/2021 19:11, jbeattie wrote:

I upgraded my commuter from cable discs to hydro and 11sp. I regret going 11sp because of cassette/chain wear versus 9sp, but it really stops.

How much...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 21, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 134
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Bike shops, rules, principles and law

I remember riding west out of Walla Walla WA and being passed by trucks with
huge trailers full of onions. We were dodging onions that had fallen onto the road.

In France I saw signs warning of...
Forum: Techniques January 11th 21, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Winter gear

EPILOG: Yesterday was a blue-bird day, but today was mostly rain and 40F to start (coldish but not terrible) and I decided to ride with somewhat fatter gloves and realized that I hate fatter...
Forum: Techniques January 11th 21, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Winter gear

EPILOG: Yesterday was a blue-bird day, but today was mostly rain and 40F to start (coldish but not terrible) and I decided to ride with somewhat fatter gloves and realized that I hate fatter...
Forum: Techniques January 9th 21, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 99
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Bicycling gifts

Pfff.Â* As a gift to someone with 40 years of service, the numbers on the
gauge should be bigger -- and back-lit.Â* And it should be voice activated.
"Silca, I've fallen and can't get...
Forum: Techniques January 1st 21, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Well 2021

I'm trying to work up the courage to go out in the cold and put in a 20 miler or more.

According to my weather app it is 11-13 C in SF and dry. Come on Tom go out. I rode 90 km in 2C today...
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 20, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
December cycling in New York

I can deal with the cold to down to about 20 degrees if no wind. I road this morning 51 miles it was 26 degrees when I left and no real wind. Just have to keep pushing the pedals and spin to stay...
Forum: Techniques December 10th 20, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Need opinions on reason for frequent punctures

On 12/10/2020 16:36, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/10/2020 1:55 PM, jbeattie wrote:

With that said, hurry!Â* Deal of the day at Western Bikeworks is Gatorskins.
Forum: Techniques October 24th 20, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Handlebar bags

On 10/22/2020 11:27 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Handlebar bags: Some of us like them.

For some reasons, see "My PBP Bike: Rack and Bag" at
https://www.renehersecycles.com/journal/

Here's an...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 20, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
eBike News

On 9/22/2020 12:07 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/22/2020 10:37 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:
Op dinsdag 22 september 2020 om 03:58:57 UTC+2 schreef...
Forum: Techniques September 9th 20, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Building wheels on tubeless rims using tube

My experience has been that a hop you can feel while riding
is often a deformed/bent rim. The truing experience you
describe also suggests bent rim. Except for emergency
kludges,...
Forum: Techniques July 30th 20, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Bertrand[_3_]
Boston Cycling - You make the call

https://nypost.com/video/can-i-get-a-witness-driver-and-cyclist-battle-it-out-over-incredibly-close-call/

unclear to me.

Cars were stacked up for at least two blocks at the light, but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52