Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 1.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ecnerwal
Forum: Techniques February 1st 09, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 217
Posted By Ecnerwal
The Perfect Commuter Bike For The Masses?

In article ,
Lou Holtman wrote:

That is true. On a bikepath especially with trees or bushes between the
path and the road you are out of...
Forum: Techniques January 27th 09, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 217
Posted By Ecnerwal
The Perfect Commuter Bike For The Masses?

In article
,
Ron Ruff wrote:

Makes perfect sense right? You can go 60mph so long as there are
pedals,...
Forum: Techniques January 27th 09, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 217
Posted By Ecnerwal
The Perfect Commuter Bike For The Masses?

In article
,
" wrote:

The problem is I can't seem to find any monocoques for under $5K,...
Forum: Techniques January 27th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 217
Posted By Ecnerwal
The Perfect Commuter Bike For The Masses?

If you definitely want enclosed, then monocoque makes more sense -
structure and skin in one, rather than frame and skin separate. Get some
benefit from the skin.

The bus (or rarely tram) does not...
Forum: Techniques January 15th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Ecnerwal
Frozen headset? (Steering difficult at -12c)

In article
,
" wrote:

I can now see the advantage of a fixed gear winter...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 09, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Ecnerwal
Frozen headset? (Steering difficult at -12c)

In article
,
Brian Huntley wrote:

So, any tips? It's hard to diagnose the exact problem, since when...
Forum: Techniques January 12th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Ecnerwal
Launch height of a cyclist in car accidents

In article
,
Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Jan 12, 12:21*am, bicycle_disciple

Forum: Techniques January 11th 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Ecnerwal
Launch height of a cyclist in car accidents

In article
,
bicycle_disciple wrote:

I found this on a helmet advocacy website.
Thoughts are...
Forum: Techniques January 11th 09, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Ecnerwal
Cable cutters and housing cutters, the difference if you please, gentlemen

In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

How does a housing cutter differ from a cable cutter? I have a couple
of...
Forum: Techniques January 8th 09, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Ecnerwal
Big Apple Lightskins as suspension

In article ,
wrote:

The streets are TERRIBLE here..... enough that I've
considered a MT bike with front shock as next bike

But...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By Ecnerwal
Another Lifetime Non-Warranty

Well, I don't know if the blame is with the LBS or Arizona Innovations,
but I've been trying to get a "lifetime warranted" floor pump repaired,
replaced or credited (since AZ Inno does not seem to...
Forum: General December 4th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 70
Posted By Ecnerwal
Another Lifetime Non-Warranty

Well, I don't know if the blame is with the LBS or Arizona Innovations,
but I've been trying to get a "lifetime warranted" floor pump repaired,
replaced or credited (since AZ Inno does not seem to...
Forum: Techniques November 21st 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By Ecnerwal
Is a carbon fork the safest?

In article
,
Paul Kossa wrote:

I'm getting a custom ti bike build, which comes with a carbon fork --
Forum: Techniques June 12th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ecnerwal
Dry Chain Lube?

In article ,
!Jones wrote:

I bought a container of dry chain lubricant thinking I was getting
generic tenacious oil;

Why would you...
Forum: Techniques May 31st 08, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Ecnerwal
What do you carry in your toolkit?

I wrote:

One thing I have never been able to understand is the "perceived need"
many folks have for tire levers - a stock item in many toolkits. They

[snippage]

Andre Jute...
Forum: Techniques May 30th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Ecnerwal
What do you carry in your toolkit?

In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

What do you carry, and why?

More or less nothing, but I don't feel great...
Forum: Techniques May 30th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ecnerwal
Welding was Tire width on a CT1?

In article ,
Ben C wrote:

For MIG and TIG the inert gas comes out of a cylinder and is sprayed
around the hot electrode as you...
Forum: Techniques May 29th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ecnerwal
Helmet pads

In article Rrz%j.2642$ZM.1478@trndny06,
"OughtFour" wrote:

New helmet came with 4 oval pads with peel-off sticky backs and no
explanation of what to do with them.

Forum: Techniques May 21st 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ecnerwal
Lest we forget

On May 21, 12:47*am, wrote:

Why can't a bike be both?
I saw a deep green Lemond at the Tour of California that nearly took
my breath away, and yet it transported...
Forum: Techniques May 19th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Ecnerwal
Ode to A Poseur

In article
,
" wrote:

On May 19, 5:57*pm, Doug Taylor...
Forum: Techniques May 19th 08, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Ecnerwal
Crap Shimano gears!!

In article ,
"Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote:

Ok, my wife's new bike (well, probably a year old now) Sequoia, is already
hogging out...
Forum: Techniques May 18th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 188
Posted By Ecnerwal
brake failure

In article
,
Marian wrote:

original brake pads that are nowhere near the wear line (only about
Forum: Techniques May 18th 08, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ecnerwal
minoura floor pump hose

In article
,
cliff wrote:

I have a 25 year old minoura floor pump with the old cloth covered
hose that is...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 08, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Ecnerwal
time to buy some new gear - recommendations?

In article
,
N8N wrote:

Should I just get a better backpack, or is the added weight of a rack
worth it?...
Forum: Techniques April 29th 08, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By Ecnerwal
Any success with add on electric motors to Conventional Bikes?

In article
,
Chalo wrote:

The real problem with legal e-bikes is that they are overconstrained.
I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36