Showing results 1 to 25 of 101
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jon[_2_]
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 5th 08, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 18
Posted By Jon[_2_]
BikeE?

"Chalo" wrote
Jon wrote:

Chalo wrote:
to say nothing of reliable, for an actual cyclist.

What is an "actual cyclist"?

Someone who actually rides...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 08, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 62
Posted By Jon[_2_]
BikeE?

"Chalo" wrote
Jon wrote:

Chalo wrote:
to say nothing of reliable, for an actual cyclist.

What is an "actual cyclist"?

Someone who actually rides...
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 4th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 18
Posted By Jon[_2_]
BikeE?

"A Muzi" wrote
Chalo wrote:
What a non-cyclist considers fun and functional in a bike is likely to
prove a whole lot less than fun or functional, to say nothing...
Forum: Techniques September 4th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 62
Posted By Jon[_2_]
BikeE?

"A Muzi" wrote
Chalo wrote:
What a non-cyclist considers fun and functional in a bike is likely to
prove a whole lot less than fun or functional, to say nothing...
Forum: General August 26th 08, 02:48 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Being Seen [was A Word to Recumbent Riders]

"Tim McNamara" wrote
Tom Sherman wrote:

Take the lane and you will NOT get right hooked.

No, you'll just be run over outright. ...
Forum: Social Issues August 26th 08, 02:48 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 169

Tom Sherman wrote:

Take the lane and you will NOT get right hooked.

No, you'll just be run over outright. ...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 26th 08, 02:48 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 171

Tom Sherman wrote:

Take the lane and you will NOT get right hooked.

No, you'll just be run over outright. ...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 21st 08, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 25
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Bicycle evolution and recumbents...

wrote

Recumbent are fast down hill a bit faster on the flat and climb
if you have the technique right as you have something to
push against.
Just comes down to skill...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 18th 08, 12:17 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 42
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Recumbent Comfort

"Tom Sherman" wrote
For what it is worth, I was told by a couple of dealers that most of their
customers that found the BikeE comfortable for longer distances...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 17th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 42
Posted By Jon[_2_]
The Problem with Marketing the Recumbent isThe Name

wrote:

[recumbent bikes] are faster

Now that's marketing! %^P

Maybe they should be labeled "New and Improved! (TM),"
too. The problem is, many recumbent bike designs...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 24th 08, 12:33 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 5
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Is this a good deal?

"Travis" wrote

$600 for:

2002 Rans Tailwind recumbent (1500 miles claimed).

Ping resident RANS answer man, Tom Sherman.

Sportworks bike...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 23rd 08, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 10
Posted By Jon[_2_]
bents: saving your butt

"Roger Zoul" wrote

[not standing to unload seat as on upright bike]

Well, I have a couple thousand miles on my LWB
recumbent, my trikes, and my road bike. I...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 23rd 08, 12:32 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 10
Posted By Jon[_2_]
bents: saving your butt

wrote

When I ride my upright bike and I see bumps/rough pavement ahead I
naturally get the weight of my butt off the seat and use me legs as a
"suspension". What do...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 18th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 10
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Considering a 'bent

wrote in

I race upright bikes, like to ride fast, and just ride a lot in
general.

Bike racing (UCI) and recumbents don't jive. %^P

You should be aware that...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 16th 08, 01:17 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote

My cycling career has been clear of injury from a road bike/recumbent
standpoint. The only times I can remember going down were those
embarrassing...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 13th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote

"Jon" wrote
[Burt Reynolds movie]

Tarantino admired the movie? Did he explain why or did he just leave it
hanging there?

I...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 12th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote

I don't recall invoking or citing a Burt Reyonlds character as an
authority on safety. Truth is I doubt that anyone in the world has ever
done...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 11th 08, 01:27 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote

"Jon" wrote

[Burt Reynolds]

[...] Burt has only disdain for safety issues.
Burt Reynolds lives on the edge

Be careful...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 10th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote

[...] I do put my helmet on before doing the stairs.

Does Burt Reynolds know this?.

In fact, it may have been Jon who suggested there was
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 10th 08, 01:07 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote in message

"Jon" wrote in message

So based on this, do you consider cycling...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 9th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote in message

"Jon" wrote

[...] do you believe cycling is "particularly...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 9th 08, 12:02 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous

"Wilson" wrote

My argument, which is backed up by my common sense, is that a cyclist
getting run over by a car, train, bus, or semi trailer is involved in an
event...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 6th 08, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous [was Buses]

"Wilson" wrote in message

"Jon" wrote
"Wilson" wrote

a...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 5th 08, 11:50 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous [was Buses]

"Wilson" wrote in message

"Jon" wrote in message
addresssing the issue of prevention and...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 3rd 08, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 111
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Cycling not particularly dangerous [was Buses]

"Wilson" wrote in message

It took a while, but thank you.

You're welcome. Check the thread. I've been...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 101