Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rms[_2_]
Forum: General June 24th 09, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By rms[_2_]
Virtual Bike Lane in Engineering Phase

Good news!
http://gizmodo.com/5302110/lightlane-virtual-bike-path-to-become-a-reality

rms
Forum: Racing June 18th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By rms[_2_]
Melissa Giove, Doper Queen, Arrested

WILTON, N.Y. -
Former mountain biking world champion Melissa "Missy" Giove was in custody
Thursday on federal drug charges after authorities said they seized more
than 200 pounds of marijuana from...
Forum: Racing May 23rd 09, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_2_]
Lance & Levi Interview Dave Zabriskie

Humorous vid:
http://www.livestrong.com/lance-armstrong/video/lance-and-levi-talk-to-dave-zabriskie/bef12e89-651a-48fb-875a-ebbfe0b03389/rms
Forum: General May 10th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By rms[_2_]
black moldy crud in old water bottle

I forget, isn't there some way to get rid of the black moldy cruds in
old water bottles? Vinegar? Baking soda? Does anybody remember?

Hydrogen peroxide, with some mechanical scrubbing works...
Forum: General March 30th 09, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By rms[_2_]
Hainan Mountain Bike Race

Then I ride home. Slowly.

Wow! Great story, so much drama. Have you had the leg looked at lately
:)

rms
Forum: Racing March 12th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By rms[_2_]
what is this -- gang signs?

He's trying to throw two shockers and missing.

He's a Dio fan!

rms
Forum: Techniques December 26th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By rms[_2_]
More on lights.

My own, better idea is to have amber flashing lights on all sides of
the bike to mark it as an obstacle/slow-moving vehicle/turning vehicle/
let drivers mistake it for a car as long as...
Forum: General December 21st 08, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_2_]
It's Winter, Time to Put on your Bike Chains?

Neat homebrew project, might be good for deeper snow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11544279@N02/3122812531/in/set-72157611458557896/

rms
Forum: General November 30th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By rms[_2_]
Annual Road-Find Thread

However, people who lay things on the
roof of the car and drive away seems to remain constant... clothing
and occasionally wallets.

I found a nice piece of luggage, likely from the above...
Forum: General November 4th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By rms[_2_]
Anyone Recommend a Good Online Source for Dynamos in US?

Actually I find a modified Minoura swing bar ($12 IIRC) that's attached
to the brake mounting bolt makes a superior perch personally. You can
put more than one light on there and it doesn't...
Forum: Racing October 31st 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By rms[_2_]
wish me luck

What I want luck on is because after the Tour is over, I've got
nothing but a telecommuting job and I'm trying to get my butt into the
Tour of South China Sea and the Tour de Taiwan so as to...
Forum: General October 29th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By rms[_2_]
Please don't ride wrong-way on the sidewalk.

Just because the traffic doesn't flow in that direction doesn't mean that
you dont need to look there.

The bristling "you're to blame not me" response is the wrong one. It is
safest for...
Forum: UK October 10th 08, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By rms[_2_]
3 Punctures in 3 Consecutive Days?

The trip to work takes over a very nasty dirt path, and in this season
there is a lot of slippery vegetation on the road, including
quantities of thorny horse-chestnuts.

So what's a...
Forum: General October 10th 08, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By rms[_2_]
3 Punctures in 3 Consecutive Days?

The trip to work takes over a very nasty dirt path, and in this season
there is a lot of slippery vegetation on the road, including
quantities of thorny horse-chestnuts.

So what's a...
Forum: General October 6th 08, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By rms[_2_]
Kung Fu Bike Fighting!

A great clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qve-THEDTs0
The ending boss fight is excellent too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao44NXTBnVg&feature=related

rms
Forum: General September 17th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By rms[_2_]
Google Maps has a 'walking (biking) route' option now

Just noticed this option today. Could be useful for planning bike trips.

rms
Forum: General August 22nd 08, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles
Replies: 83
Posted By rms[_2_]
3ft passing requirement revisited

It's 5 feet here. 3 is much too close, imho.
Where's your "here", r? Boston?

New Mexico

rms
Forum: General August 22nd 08, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles
Replies: 83
Posted By rms[_2_]
3ft passing requirement revisited

I've wondered whether cyclists really need a law that requires cars to
pass us no closer than 3 feet.

It's 5 feet here. 3 is much too close, imho.

rms
Forum: General July 30th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By rms[_2_]
Bicycle Riding: Keeping Warm in the Cold Weather

I've been experimenting with plastic vests under my
jacket with some good success. The cool air won't penetrate the
plastic, keeping my core temperature from dropping. Sound silly? It
does...
Forum: General June 4th 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By rms[_2_]
"Breaking Away" Stunt Recreation Fails Fatally

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/16477809/detail.html

BLOOMINGTON -- A teenager who drowned in a southern Indiana quarry died
after making a 65-foot leap from an imposing ledge made famous in the...
Forum: General June 2nd 08, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By rms[_2_]
Yet Another Biking Massacre!

Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros bike
tour:

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/brownsville_27566___article.html/bike_along.html

rms
Forum: Techniques May 27th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By rms[_2_]
Won't shift onto biggest cog

The shifting on my bike (Jamis Xenith Comp with Ultegra derailer)
hasn't been all that crisp lately.

Just a noob here, but if this is the rear derailleur, check for play in
the upper...
Forum: General May 12th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_2_]
Summer cycling gloves with long cuffs for sun protection

Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
glove' velcro tab style, and want something...
Forum: UK May 1st 08, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By rms[_2_]
Riding at night: a strategy for survival?

Well, our dinosaurs (SUVs and motorboats) make us get smarter and get
nocturnal.

Take heart: mammals emerged into the sunlight after a worldwide
catastrophe. That catastrophe is occurring...
Forum: Rides May 1st 08, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27