Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scott Johnson
Forum: Racing October 24th 06, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Scott Johnson
Tour of Missouri stage race officially announced

steephill wrote:
Fantastic news! I'm a MO resident and welcome this chance to see the
pros in action.

Given the race :
1. starts near Kansas City and finish near St. Louis
2. is...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 06, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Scott Johnson
steam cleaning bicycle frame and components

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Cyclopath! - Keiron wrote:

Is this a good idea assuming everything is well dried before re-assembly? I
would have though that the heat tolerance of the paint...
Forum: Racing October 13th 06, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Johnson
AG2R boss seeks the Millar line

yeahyeah wrote:
Maybe someone should clue him in?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/oct06/oct13news3

Lavenu is most concerned about the credibility of cycling. "Today,...
Forum: Racing September 23rd 06, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Johnson
Horner to win Worlds!

wrote:
you heard it here, first.

He's certainly going to try, that's what you've
got to love about him.

--
Scott Johnson / johnson dot sa at comcast dot net
Forum: Racing September 21st 06, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Frank Drackman wrote:
wrote in message

I am looking for a World Class Cyclist to compete in a 112 mile...
Forum: Racing September 20th 06, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By Scott Johnson
Looking for a World Class Cyclist for $$$

wrote:
I am looking for a World Class Cyclist to compete in a 112 mile time
trial in November, 2006. This would be as part of a triathlon relay. We
already have a swimmer...
Forum: General September 14th 06, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Scott Johnson
OT, found this tidbit, a bit racist, but fits the times.

landotter wrote:
Scott Johnson wrote:

Any liberal reading that joke is going to be
really upset by the fact that three people are
carrying guns out in the open in the great state
of...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Scott Johnson
OT, found this tidbit, a bit racist, but fits the times.

Bill Baka wrote:
Subject: Kentucky Drinking Rules

A Mexican drinks his beer and suddenly throws his glass in the
air, pulls out his pistol and shoots the glass to pieces. He says,
"In...
Forum: Racing September 13th 06, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 38
Posted By Scott Johnson
Landis: It's the Lab

Frank Drackman wrote:
"Mike DeMicco" wrote in message

In article...
Forum: Racing August 22nd 06, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Johnson
Nano Testicles

B. Lafferty wrote:
If you were looking for a single phrase guaranteed to deter men from taking
anabolic steroids "testicles the size of peanuts" would appear to fit the
bill. This significant...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 06, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Johnson
Durable Rims for Road Wheels - Recommendations?

MykalCrooks wrote:

Built a pair with the Deep-Vs and Velocity hubs and laced each with 36
Lasers. Like 'em.

Deep-V's are what you want if you want something
that will shrug off an IED...
Forum: General August 17th 06, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1

MykalCrooks wrote:

Built a pair with the Deep-Vs and Velocity hubs and laced each with 36
Lasers. Like 'em.

Deep-V's are what you want if you want something
that will shrug off an IED...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 06, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Scott Johnson
Please Evaluate My Chain Cleaning Process

wrote:
Fitz wrote:

I use a 9-speed HyperGlide chain and a SRAM PowerLink. SRAM highly
discourages use of a PowerLink with a HG chain, but I've not had a
single...
Forum: Racing August 17th 06, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 343
Posted By Scott Johnson
"Rigid Class System in Europe" Bob Roll Comments

wrote
And you don't have to win lotto to become rich. Running a good pizza
restaurant or plumbing company can do the trick.

Something the people with a masters in...
Forum: Racing August 1st 06, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By Scott Johnson
testosterone patch

Bucky wrote:
Montesquiou wrote:

"Maybe all the patchs that allow the drug to be delivered very slowly,
undetectably, were seized by the police in Spain before the Tour and
poor Floyd was...
Forum: Racing July 28th 06, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott Johnson
Steroid Education

Callistus Valerius wrote:
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/index.htm

--
Scott Johnson / johnson dot sa at comcast dot net

they're all as confused as we are, could you...
Forum: Racing July 28th 06, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott Johnson
moratorium on the beer defense

Scott wrote:
No more posting articles or links to articles on the effects of ethanol
on testosterone/epitestosterone levels, thinking you're being either
cute or smart.

I was first. All...
Forum: Racing July 14th 06, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Scott Johnson
TdF winner bikes

Brian Phillips wrote:
The LiquiGas team is riding Aluminum Bianchis, some with carbon stays, some
without. There's another thread here in this NG about it.

I'm glad I was too cheap to switch...
Forum: Racing July 13th 06, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 25
Posted By Scott Johnson
Landis is proving it

k.papai wrote:
Andre wrote:

Proving that you can get the yellow and possibly the Tour without a
single team mate around.
He can get his water from the car and shelter from the wind from...
Forum: Racing July 13th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Johnson
Lance Armstrong/Jay Leno interview

Randy B wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I could find a video clip of the Jay Leno/Tonight
Show interview of Lance Armstrong on July 12, 2006?

Thanks!

youtube.com?
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Scott Johnson
speed secrets

BigBen wrote:
On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 08:33:20 -0400, "Phil Lee, Squid"
wrote:

Will that pay for new knees, too?

Couldn't agree more! When your...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21