Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: steve
Forum: Racing August 5th 08, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By steve
Bejing Olympic Road Course

On 5-Aug-2008, DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.steephill.tv/olympics-road-race/

Brutal!

If I read the graph right (and the numbers are small) it looks like 400M of
climbing...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By steve
How come David Millar is no longer allergic to the sun?

On 23-Jul-2008, RicodJour wrote:

Last year he was covered up, this year he almost looks normal.

Some (legit) medications cause that sensitivity. He was probably...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 31
Posted By steve
Lotto..why no climbers in support?

OK, so you know you've got the TdF favorite on your team, but you dont have
any climbers to help him when it counts. Why not go shopping for one? I
mean, it's only the TdF.

If Evans had a climber...
Forum: Racing July 18th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By steve
Cavendish under dificult circumstances...

On 17-Jul-2008, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Dumbass -

The ABR greeting.

It's not that surprising. He's just got more wattage than his
opponents.
Forum: Racing July 18th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By steve
Why Defend?

On 17-Jul-2008, Michael Press wrote:

It just bugs me when Phil and Paul assume a jersey taken must always be
defended.

Today they spoke at length about how Cadel...
Forum: Racing July 17th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By steve
Cavendish under dificult circumstances...

On 17-Jul-2008, Krusty wrote:

"History is a lie agreed upon." --Napoleon

He also made a strong anti doping statement by holding up 3 fingers at
the...
Forum: Racing July 17th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By steve
Cavendish under dificult circumstances...

What a performance. It looked like the whole columbia leadout was caught
out at the last roundabout as they took the longer way around and lost the
front. MC lost his team several times, and had to...
Forum: Racing July 17th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By steve
Why Defend?

On 16-Jul-2008, wrote:

Some strategies are marginal depending on luck and caprice, unless you
have a very dominant champion who can climb and TT better than...
Forum: Racing July 16th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By steve
Why Defend?

On 16-Jul-2008, wrote:

that's like what happened to floyd in 06; but he spent too much energy
getting the yellow back, and lost the jersey a 10 sec lead next day in
the...
Forum: Racing July 16th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By steve
Why Defend?

This occurs to me any time a favorite gets yellow early. The team expends
thier energy controlling races even when the breakaways are no-hopers.
Commercial interests aside (and the team's monetary...
Forum: Racing June 24th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 34
Posted By steve
Lance throws a hissy fit gets mistaken for Bob Roll

On 16-Jun-2008, The Czar wrote:

I did not catch the name of the cafe but I heard on the news that Sir
Lance and Kate Hudson attempted to cut the line and grab a table...
Forum: Racing October 8th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By steve
Flaxseed oil???

On 6-Oct-2007, smacked up and reeling, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

We're supposed to believe that athletes like Marion Jones or Barry...
Forum: Racing August 22nd 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By steve
Leadville 100..how do they...

How the **** do they start 1000 riders? Is it a mass start?

thanks,
steve
--
"The accused will now make a bogus statement."
James...

On 14-Aug-2007, smacked up and reeling, (Paul Berg) blindly
formulated
the following incoherence:

Bottlenecks not only forced cyclists to walk their bikes along parts of
the...
Forum: General August 14th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to or.politics,pdx.general,rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 111
Posted By steve
Portland's Bridge Pedal Debacle

On 14-Aug-2007, smacked up and reeling, (Paul Berg) blindly
formulated
the following incoherence:

Bottlenecks not only forced cyclists to walk their bikes along parts of
the...
Forum: Racing July 27th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By steve
Stage 18: What a lame finish!

On 27-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, SLAVE of THE STATE
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

Seems I was watching a different stage than you did^^

Forum: Racing July 27th 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By steve
Stage 18: What a lame finish!

On 27-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, Tuschinski
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

Seems I was watching a different stage than you did^^

Interesting. So how...
Forum: Racing July 27th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By steve
Stage 18: What a lame finish!

Casar must have been astounded to win from the front after his moves were
covered. He was a sitting duck and no one bothered to shoot. They were all
trying to be so clever that they forgot to win. ...
Forum: Racing July 27th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 70
Posted By steve
There's more than "I was in Mexico" going on here...

On 26-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, "J Jones" blindly
formulated
the following incoherence:

Because he was leading the tour (every team's desire), was at the top of
his
Forum: Racing July 27th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By steve
I don't understand the "lack of credibility" comments about the tour

On 26-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, "
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

1. Riders affect one anothers performances in a variety of...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By steve
I don't understand the "lack of credibility" comments about the tour

On 26-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, Burt blindly
formulated
the following incoherence:

I anything, the fact that cycling actually catches drug cheats and
kicks them...
Forum: Racing July 25th 07, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By steve
More positive Vino samples from Monday's stage

On 25-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, Simon Brooke
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

If he was positive for homologous blood on Saturday, then, unless the...
Forum: Racing July 24th 07, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By steve
Can Contador win?

On 23-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, "Carl Sundquist"
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

The idea would be to get him in an early break, too early for Rasmussen
Forum: Racing July 24th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By steve
Can Contador win?

On 23-Jul-2007, smacked up and reeling, "Carl Sundquist"
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

I can't see Levi extending Rasmussen. Levi hasn't shown that he has the
Forum: Racing July 23rd 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By steve
Can Contador win?

Contador was about 30 seconds faster than the Dane in the first TT, and he
certainly looked to put Rasmussen in some difficulty late in today's stage.
Phil has said repeatedly that "AC will not win...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 87