Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alexandre Kampouris
Forum: Techniques December 25th 08, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 147
Is the hub dynamo headed for an even smaller niche?

Andrew Price wrote:

It varies. I believe flashing lights are allowed in the UK and
Switzerland. They are expressly forbidden in Germany.

But I see those used just about every day. No to...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 25th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
December Cold in Minnesota

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:38:15 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

[---]

At 4:15 when I left the workshop to go
home, the wind had...
Forum: Techniques December 25th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
December Cold in Minnesota

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:38:15 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

[---]

At 4:15 when I left the workshop to go
home, the wind had...
Forum: General December 25th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
December Cold in Minnesota

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:38:15 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

[---]

At 4:15 when I left the workshop to go
home, the wind had...
Forum: Techniques December 25th 08, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Warm chain oil

Hi,

I've had an idea for improving chain lubrication, which seems to
facilitate the application of oil in cold weather.

I warm up the oil can in a cup of boiling water. The lubricant becomes...
Forum: Techniques September 25th 08, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Gaping hole in tire

Andrew Price wrote:

I have been a couple of times to Wernigerode and Halberstadt, but on
that trip, I circumvented the Harz by going:

Braunschweig== Magdeburg== Bernburg== Köthen==...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Gaping hole in tire

wrote:
This is the thing you would be looking for
http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=17&item=TB%2D2 or

I found it at my usual dealer. I don't think I'll use it, I...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Gaping hole in tire

Salut Andrew!

Andrew Price wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:46:46 +0200, Alexandre Kampouris
wrote:

[---]

Someone offered me a puncture-proof tire a while back...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
0.6W non-threaded tail light bulb?

landotter wrote:
On Sep 23, 10:59 pm, Alexandre Kampouris
wrote:
Alexandre Kampouris wrote:
The term to describe such bulbs is "bayonet". You might get more...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
0.6W non-threaded tail light bulb?

Alexandre Kampouris wrote:

The term to describe such bulbs is "bayonet". You might get more results
formulating your request with that word.

From the late Sheldon Brown:
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
0.6W non-threaded tail light bulb?

Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
On 9/20/2008 9:03 AM landotter wrote:

The Markenrad folder I'm going through for a retiree has a very nice
integrated dynamo system. I got the front wired and...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Gaping hole in tire

Thanks for all your contributions. From all your answers, I gather that
applying a boot is at best a temporary measure, and that attempting to
repair the tire is not a worthwhile exercise in view...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Gaping hole in tire

Hi,

Last night, some twit knifed the tires (or tyres, if you prefer) of all
my three bikes. The cut was made vertically with a pointed knife, and is
between 7 to 10 mm long depending on the...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Bottom bracket corrosion: can this bike be saved?

Alexandre Kampouris wrote:
Here's already one German source for the bracket:
http://www.produkte24.com/cy/bruegelmann-fahrrad-gmbh-1396/radwelt-2006-2007-5356/seite-373-gross.html

I...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Bottom bracket corrosion: can this bike be saved?

Andre Jute wrote:
Don't see much point in buggering around with complicated solutions.
If the frame can be saved, a cheap YST threadless bottom bracket will
do it.. If it can't be saved,...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Bottom bracket corrosion: can this bike be saved?

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Alexandre Kampouris wrote:

landotter wrote:

Absolutely! Just make sure to get JB Weld...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Bottom bracket corrosion: can this bike be saved?

landotter wrote:

Somebody suggested this threadless bottom bracket in an article a
while back
http://gaerlan.com/bikeparts/parts/crank/crank.html
Look for the "YST" model.

Sounds like a...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Bottom bracket corrosion: can this bike be saved?

landotter wrote:

Absolutely! Just make sure to get JB Weld Feline, it's strawberry
flavored, so cats won't lick it off while it sets up, but your
rambunctious four year old will--give new...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Bottom bracket corrosion: can this bike be saved?

Jay Beattie wrote:

I am also
considering gluing some squirrels to my forks as a warning to others.

To other what? Squirrels, bikers or bike thieves?

If it were mine, and I was on a budget,...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Why are spokes bent on the end anyway?

TBerk wrote:
Shouldn't the place where they come out be parallel with the rim? Are
there just such hubs being made and if so why aren't they common
place.

I found a spoke had pulled itself...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Bottom bracket corrosion: can this bike be saved?

Dear all,

I've had problems with the bottom bracket of my 2001-vintage touring
bike for the last couple of years. I'm already considering acquiring a
new bike, but I wonder whether the old one is...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21