Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mark
Forum: General December 12th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By mark
So when do you replace your steel frame with an aluminum &/orcarbon one?

Your Phil Wood bottom bracket should last quite a while, although
Campagnolo still makes and sells bottom brackets in Italian and English
threading.

If your frame has 126 mm rear dropout spacing,...
Forum: General December 12th 08, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By mark
Is it just me? (pointless rambling)

"Schwalbe" is German for "swallow" (the bird, not the verb). No, not a
name that belongs with cheap bikes. I must say, though, their best
touring tires are awful damn heavy for a product that's...
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 08, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By mark
Wool T shirts really better?

Smartwool makes a lot of nice stuff with a good tight knit. Kucharik
makes really good jerseys, but overloading the rear pockets will pull
them apart. Ibex is comfortable but the long underwear is...
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By mark
Wool T shirts really better?

In short, yes. I've been gravitating away from synthetics and towards
wool for long underwear, cycling jerseys and T shirts for a while now.
Cooler in summer, warmer in winter and more comfortable...
Forum: Techniques November 30th 08, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By mark
Spokes

Again, many thanks to all who posted. Looks like a coin toss between
Sapim and DT, and I will add the updated spocalc website to the
calculators I found.
Forum: Techniques November 30th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By mark
Spokes

I've read Mr. white's comments on Wheelsmith spokes, I posted my
question to see what the rest of the cycling world had to say. Peter
White has been known to post things on his website and forget...
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6