Posted By bdbafh
another use for that helmet that you might or might not be wearing

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/skills/4284709?page=2

#61 - Tornados
"Flying debris is the primary killer, so wear a bicycle or batting
helmet and cover yourself with a mattress or couch...
Forum: Racing September 30th 09, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By bdbafh
ProTour license exclusions

On Sep 29, 2:15*pm, Scott wrote:
Seems the UCI has seen fit not to renew the ProTour licenses for two
of the four French teams (Cofidis and Bbox Bouygues Telecom)....
Forum: Racing September 3rd 09, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By bdbafh
Once a doper,

On Sep 2, 9:13*pm, "Joe" wrote:
"Susan Walker" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques August 19th 09, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By bdbafh
"Push Bike" - where, why, what?

On Aug 18, 8:26*am, " wrote:
in what countries is the the odd term "push bike" more common than
"bicycle"?

why is that term more useful than the shorter...
Forum: Racing August 5th 09, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 57
Posted By bdbafh
LANCE and FRAAM

On Aug 5, 11:21*am, "Steve Freides" wrote:
"z" wrote in message

Steve Freides wrote:
"Paul B. Anders"...
Forum: Racing July 22nd 09, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By bdbafh
LANCE's new sponsor

On Jul 22, 10:01*am, Gumby wrote:
http://www.oraclecycling.com/

Those translations ... keep the coffee cup far away from the...
Forum: Racing June 3rd 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By bdbafh
Giro d'Italia, stage 21 summary

On Jun 2, 11:11*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

You guys and your...
Forum: General May 26th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By bdbafh
squirrels - what, no bike?

http://www.fandome.com/video/111559/Squirrel-Acrobatics/?q=c
Forum: Racing May 10th 09, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By bdbafh
Giro Universal Sports Blank Screen after Intro

On May 10, 11:01*am, WW wrote:
For the second day in a row, I am getting a blank screen on the
streaming video broadcast after the generic Giro intro...
Forum: Racing February 18th 09, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By bdbafh
Vs. sprint-O-meter

The weather didn't ruin what appeared to be a new addition to the
Versus coverage:

"SPRINT-O-METER" including both an analog dial and digital numeric
output.

It should complement the Troll-O-meter...
Forum: Racing September 8th 08, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By bdbafh
no surprise

http://beta.velonews.com/article/82892/sources-lance-armstrong-coming-back

He's back.

-bdbafh
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By bdbafh
Robbie Ventura, unwitting comedian

On Jul 26, 9:31*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Okay, who did a double-take when Robbie Ventura was talking about the
secret weapon developed for Garmin-Chipotle by Allen Lim, and...
Forum: Racing July 24th 08, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By bdbafh
What I'd like to see tomorrow

On Jul 23, 9:50*pm, "
wrote:
to St. Etienne ...

Cancellara, Voigt, or O'Grady goes in a break, and CSC attacks
the other contenders on the 2nd...
Forum: Racing July 17th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 108
Posted By bdbafh
The nightmare goes on, Ricco caught with EPO

On Jul 17, 12:50*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
| Seeing as how Ricco is now criminally liable, I'd wonder what would
| happen if, say, Landis' lawyers took Ricco's case and...
Forum: Racing July 16th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By bdbafh
Philly Sucks

On Jul 15, 8:48 pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 14, 8:05 pm, Krusty wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:10:08 -0700 (PDT),...
Forum: Racing June 1st 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 55
Posted By bdbafh
cassettes and chains, a marriage without divorce?

On May 31, 11:32 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Ryan Cousineau...
Forum: Racing May 31st 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By bdbafh
Kloden out?

Most interesting, in that it was Kloden that was able to hang with
Alberto longest out of the team yesterday.

-bdbafh
Forum: Techniques May 8th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By bdbafh
what chain lube to use?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=563975&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

scroll down to the pic of the kid on a flat bar hybrid ... the caption
reads:

"A...
Forum: General May 6th 08, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By bdbafh
Garmin Edge 305 Failure

On May 5, 4:32 pm, "Jason in Indy" wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the HR band failing on the Garmin Edge
305?
I replaced the battery but that didn't help. The...
Forum: General May 6th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By bdbafh
How much should one spend on a bicycle?

On May 5, 9:26 pm, Ablang wrote:
I know that a lot of details would factor into this, but I am
wondering what bicycle enthusiasts consider when buying a new (or
used)...
Forum: Rides May 2nd 08, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By bdbafh
Tour of the Eastern Shore

On Apr 29, 8:43 pm, mlmartinet wrote:
I was looking to plan a tour of the Delmarva Peninsula. I was
planning to leave from Kiptopeake State Park and end in Lewes
Forum: Racing April 23rd 08, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By bdbafh
Paris-Roubaix street formula for Tours ?

On Apr 22, 11:33 pm, datakoll wrote:
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?a=b&minisite=10029&spid=...

$7000

ASO GOES NASCAR plus one

rule ALL bikes ridden...
Forum: Techniques April 23rd 08, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By bdbafh
Paris-Roubaix street formula for Tours ?

On Apr 22, 11:33 pm, datakoll wrote:
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?a=b&minisite=10029&spid=...

$7000

ASO GOES NASCAR plus one

rule ALL bikes ridden...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 08, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By bdbafh
Garmin Edge 305 Data to Spreadsheet

On Apr 14, 5:14 pm, steve wrote:
Is it possible to move data that my Edge 305 has stored on my computer
into spreadsheet? If so how?

Thanks
Steve G

check out...
Forum: Racing March 19th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By bdbafh
OT - Any Volvo 240 owners?

On Mar 18, 5:44 am, "