Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Claire
Forum: General July 19th 10, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Claire
ok, this is a dead group?

On Jul 15, 12:22*am, max wrote:
So i'm seeing 5 articles in the 24 hours since i posted. *Is r.b.m dead? *

Sadly, yes, it is dead.

Where can i go for tandem advice?

Go to...
Forum: General August 12th 09, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Claire
Whither Fabrizio Mazzoleni?

I did a google groups search for Fabrizio Mazzoleni, and came up with
no hits. I went to his website on geocities - erased!

What has happened to Fabrizio?

Meanwhile, you all might enjoy:...
Forum: Rides July 18th 09, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Claire
Usk WA to Sandpoint ID (USA) route advice sought

On this summer's unsupported tour, we'll be riding from the bustling
metropolis of Usk (in Washington State) to Sandpoint Idaho. We could
go on the south side of the river, or the north side. Newport...
Forum: Rides June 12th 09, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Claire
Seattle-to-Portland hangers-on allowed?

On Jun 11, 5:37*pm, (David Rusin) wrote:

I'm planning my annual big ride, and it looks like it will bring me to Seattle,
Washington around July 13. If luck is with me, I could...
Forum: General February 7th 09, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By Claire
Ride safely

Sad photo he http://twitpic.com/1d47y

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist: http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
See the books I've set free at:...
Forum: General October 28th 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Claire
celebrating autumn

On Oct 27, 7:12*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
Here in Vancouver the weather is fair, the
temperatures are coolishly moderate, the
trees are proudly showing-off their...
Forum: Rides July 21st 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Claire
Bicycling the 400 or so miles of the BC Gold Rush Trail

We did this ride with Tour BC (http://tourbc.net), which provides
support: carries the bags, has a mechanic and medic available, marks
the route, provides maps, and sets up food stops (three meals a...
Forum: General July 21st 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Claire
Bicycling the 400 or so miles of the BC Gold Rush Trail

We did this ride with Tour BC (http://tourbc.net), which provides
support: carries the bags, has a mechanic and medic available, marks
the route, provides maps, and sets up food stops (three meals a...
Forum: General May 19th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Claire
Bicycle to work day video

Off of youtube, a newbie's first bike commute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNje7e9RAUI

Warm Regards,

Claire
no sig today
Forum: General May 10th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Claire
A bike for sunny days

On May 10, 12:27 am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Dane Buson wrote:
Well, my commuter bike frame [1] getting broken inspired me to get my
Sunny day bike fixed up...
Forum: General May 10th 08, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 9
Posted By Claire
Freeway Riding

right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLmiuyLa98

wrong: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004401290_webbike08m.html

Warm Regards,

Claire
Forum: Social Issues May 10th 08, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 9
Posted By Claire
Freeway Riding

right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLmiuyLa98

wrong: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004401290_webbike08m.html

Warm Regards,

Claire
Forum: General April 18th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By Claire
relatively amusing craig's list ad

Over yonder: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/637385956.html
Forum: General March 25th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Claire
Long Beach CA bikie culture

I was in Long Beach CA yesterday, and I thought the bikie culture
there was interesting.

It definitely exists, but it's Japanese-style, as opposed to PNW-
style. In other words, people ride - but...
Forum: General March 13th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 45
Posted By Claire
Beeping cars...

See my opinion on this topic, posted to this newsgroup a few years
back, archived he http://www.cyclingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-182611.html

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the...
Forum: General March 3rd 08, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By Claire
Freeways with bike lanes

On Mar 2, 11:36*am, wrote:

I-90 is one of those segments that's closed to bicycles through Seattle
and Bellevue; for much of that route there is an I-90 Bicycle Path
Forum: General February 13th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Claire
The 'Velorution' at Ripon College: Give Up Your Car, Get a Bike

Enroll at Ripon College, and you might get a Trek 820 mountain bike.

David C. Joyce, president of Ripon College, wants to make a deal with
new students this fall: Leave the car at home for the first...
Forum: General February 6th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Claire
Consolidated Pacific NW on-line bike route map

Perhaps of interest:

Consolidated Pacific NW on-line bike route map:
http://research.microsoft.com/mapcruncher/Gallery/NWBike/
Forum: Rides February 6th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Claire
Consolidated Pacific NW on-line bike route map

Perhaps of interest:

Consolidated Pacific NW on-line bike route map:
http://research.microsoft.com/mapcruncher/Gallery/NWBike/
Forum: General December 24th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Claire
December bicycling gifts

Did you get anything for Xmas/Chanukkah/Yule?

For the above, plus my (December) birthday, I got:

- Some books:
Cycling Into Your Soul by M. Archibald
The Art of Urban Cycling: Lessons from the...
Forum: General December 24th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Claire
quiet morning riding in

When the 24th falls on a Monday, there' s not a lot of traffic,
particularly before the sun comes up. It was mostly clear, and mostly
cold, but not too cold - upper 30s, with new snow in the...
Forum: General December 7th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Claire
Hit a pedestrian

On Wednesday I stepped on some uneven ground and sprained my ankle.
The weird thing is, it was my left ankle, and it's usually my right
that goes wonky. It wasn't until today that I realized that...
Forum: General November 16th 07, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Claire
Bus and deer ruin reflective commuter vest

From my previous Rain Jacket Removal Survey, I got this story from
Joshua Putnam:

"The last time I regularly commuted with a reflective vest, I stopped
one morning to clear a deer out of the road....
Forum: General November 2nd 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Claire
Probably only of local interest, but

After breaking my back-up LED light, a friend suggested that I
purchase a particular light, adding:

"Down here in the Deep South of King County, we need a few more lumens
in order to avoid the...
Forum: General October 26th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Claire
Mt. Baker in the morning

I head west in the morning, east for the return, so I don't get to see
the sun rise or set in all its glory. But yesterday morning, as the
sun was coming up, it threw pink and gold light on Mt....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44