Showing results 1 to 25 of 191
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: StephenH
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By StephenH
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

"The man said 'look dear, a penny farthing'...i just smiled and thought
to myself 'yeah, thats right, a penny farthing......"

It's really irritating to me, but when I do a search on Ebay...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By StephenH
Today I... (brag thread)

Actually, this is a "yesterday" post- but I rode around White Rock Lake
on my 28" Sun unicycle, about 10 miles. :)

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By StephenH
Coker cycle co. facilities?

It's my understanding that the ONLY bike thing they actually make is the
new unicycle with the squid frame. I think the monster cruiser and
wheelman were both imported, and assume the original...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By StephenH
Today I... (brag thread)

Today I rode the farthest I've ever ridden on a uniycycle, non-stop.

I have about a 3 mile course I've been riding my 20" around, but I have
several rest stops. But last Friday, I got a Sun 28"...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By StephenH
Where'd everybody go?

I'm still around. I haven't been posting too much because I haven't
seen a lot I needed to respond to, and didn't have any questions.

News of the day is I just got a Sun 28" unicycle. :) For...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By StephenH
McNerd's McProgress, or lack thereof

The "dead zone" problem is just a matter of practice. It doesn't mean
you're doing anything wrong.

One thing that helped me was that we have a bridge near the house with
a bikeway across it, and...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By StephenH
Help me to figure out ! Plus, share the insight of you with guys!

- is unicycle a kind of extreme sport? or it is not belonged to extreme
sport?
I would say that some unicyclists are doing an extreme sport. But
there's lots of us that just ride around on pavement...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By StephenH
Freakin tubes keep popping

A couple of times, I've had a blowout on my Torker LX. I think what
happened was that the tire managed to slip off the rim on one side, the
tube blew out, and the tire went back on the rim. So I...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By StephenH
$572 Coker V2

Doesn't Coker sell these direct? The $569 price is shown on their
webpage.

http://www.cokercycles.com/product.php?productid=11

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By StephenH
New milestone: metric century

Congratulations on the accomplishment. Just this year, I rode my first
metric century and mile century on a bicycle, and felt like that was an
accomplishment!

Back this spring, I rode my 3-wheel...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By StephenH
Shoes?!!?

I have some Teva sneakers that I got at REI. I don't see them on the
website now. But they are very thin-soled and light. I got them
thinking they would give me better feel for the pedals, which...
Forum: Unicycling September 20th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By StephenH
Freewheeling unicycle

Doing a bit more research, it looks to me like this one brand was built
with a coaster brake, but I don't know about the others.

The second row down, middle picture, appears to be mine. The...
Forum: Unicycling September 20th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By StephenH
Freewheeling unicycle

I sort of accidentally discovered another way of doing this.

Y'all may have seen the "skate bikes" which came out several years ago.
They pop up on Ebay or craigslist now and again. They're sort of...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By StephenH
Rollers?

I suspect it would work a lot better just to ride a bike on the rollers
or get an exercise bike in the first place.

As to feasibility- no clue, doesn't sound promising, nor like a skill
worth...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By StephenH
Commuter uni for a 6'2" 235 lb. rider?!

Unicycle.com has a couple of (Edit: Nimbus- see above) 29" unicycles on
sale for $300 or so, and also lists a Quax 29" for less than $300.

I've noticed even the used 36" models go for good prices-...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By StephenH
How to spice up that sunday ride

Ask the other three guys instead of us, maybe; we're not the ones
riding.

You may just be ill-suited to ride together regardless of having
similar unicycles. I ride a bicycle as do a bunch of other...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By StephenH
Commuter uni for a 6'2" 235 lb. rider?!

I've been riding a 20" Torker LX. I had some problems with the cranks
when I got them on backwards, but otherwise, it's been holding up real
well for me, and I weigh about 260-280 or so. I know...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By StephenH
Dallas Unicycle Ride- Saturday the 20th

I got an email today from the same group that organized the July 4th
parade ride in Arlington:

"There will be a unicycle ride this Saturday, Sept 20th @ the Grand
Prairie
YMCA. The ride will be at...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By StephenH
Another coursework questionnaire

1) Are you male or female? Male
2) Do you attend extreme sports events- No
3) Do you usually carry keys around with you?- Yes
4) How many keys do you normally carry around with you?- 22
5) How...
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By StephenH
Wierd click

Update for my clicking noise: I checked the bearing holder thingies and
they seemed plenty snug. I tightened the bearing screws down a little
more, although they seemed reasonably tight. But, that...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 48
Posted By StephenH
Should I quit?

Just change the way you ride.

Suppose you drive your car 100 mph, run all the stop lights, and keep
wrecking cars. It'd get expensive. Solution- quit driving? Or quit
driving 100 mph and running...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By StephenH
unicycle related sweating

Get used to it.

What I notice is that I also sweat on a bicycle, only I'm riding fast
enough to get some breeze. But on my 20" unicycle, I feel becalmed and
that means more sweat. So yeah, I...
Forum: Unicycling September 9th 08, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By StephenH
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

saskatchewanian wrote:
As I was driving through Winnipeg with three unicycles on a bike
carrier.

"If you love riding on one wheel so much why are you driving that
thing?!"

I didn't...
Forum: Unicycling September 8th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By StephenH
Wierd click

Glad you asked. I've got a unicycle that I put new cranks and pedals
on, and getting a similar click. Actually it'll make 2 or 3 clicks
each revolution, with the clicks right together, not spaced...
Forum: Unicycling September 8th 08, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By StephenH
Gatorade available in UK

I haven't actually tried it, but it shouldn't be too hard to make your
own Gatorade. On the nutrition label, it should say how much sodium
and how many calories are in it. From the sodium, you can...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 191