Showing results 1 to 25 of 433
Search took 0.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Duncan Smith
Forum: UK August 29th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 24
Posted By Duncan Smith
Revocation of cycle to work benefits?

On Aug 29, 5:08*pm, judith wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:12:25 -0700 (PDT), Duncan Smith

wrote:
After joining the cycle to work scheme...
Forum: UK August 29th 08, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Duncan Smith
Revocation of cycle to work benefits?

On Aug 29, 7:52*am, "
wrote:
On Aug 29, 6:12 am, Duncan Smith wrote: After joining the cycle to work scheme earlier this...
Forum: UK August 29th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Duncan Smith
Revocation of cycle to work benefits?

After joining the cycle to work scheme earlier this year, my HR
department has recently fired out a couple of warnings that all bikes
purchased 'must be used for 50% of all of your journeys (or...
Forum: UK August 28th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Smith
Victoria Pendleton: Drivers Make My Life Hell

On Aug 28, 7:38 pm, Cheeky wrote:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1064513_drivers_make_my...

Unfortunately, the pattern will be a worsening trend year upon...
Forum: UK August 10th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Duncan Smith
Vertical bike

On Aug 10, 7:01 pm, Paul Boyd wrote:

Snapped by my mother on a trip to Holland:-

Forum: UK July 31st 08, 10:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Duncan Smith
Squeaky B17?

Everything is tight and snug - but my B17 saddle sounds like it's
sawing it's way through a small forest. I've just about got used to
it - but it drives everyone else nuts I'm sure. A common...
Forum: UK July 31st 08, 03:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Duncan Smith
Recommendation for Commuting Tyres

First couple of times I put Marathons on/off my Brom was an exercise in
blue air in the immediate neighbourhood. *Last time I had to do it the
new one went on with thumbs alone so the...
Forum: UK July 29th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Duncan Smith
Cork handgrips

On Jul 28, 4:06*pm, David Damerell
wrote:
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone who
sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic...
Forum: UK July 29th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Duncan Smith
Recommendation for Commuting Tyres

On Jul 29, 2:40*pm, wrote:
On Jul 29, 12:51*pm, Tosspot wrote:

* 6,500+ miles on Marathon Pluses without a puncture, look good for
another...
Forum: UK July 23rd 08, 12:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Duncan Smith
Do mountain bikes with road tyres exist?

On Jul 23, 10:51*am, wrote:
On Jul 23, 10:17 am, "
wrote:

Try searching Continental 26" Ultra Gatorskin (Slick)

Forum: UK July 17th 08, 12:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Smith
1/8th Chainring in 110 PCD?

On Jul 17, 11:46 am, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 00:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

Duncan Smith wrote:
I'd like to put a single 1/8th...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 12:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Smith
1/8th Chainring in 110 PCD?

On Jul 17, 11:46 am, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 00:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

Duncan Smith wrote:
I'd like to put a single 1/8th...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 08:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Smith
1/8th Chainring in 110 PCD?

I'd like to put a single 1/8th chainring onto the MTB which currently
has a PCD of 110mm. Not having much luck tracking one down - the
1/8th rings at ChickenCycles only seem to go down to...
Forum: UK July 17th 08, 08:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Smith
1/8th Chainring in 110 PCD?

I'd like to put a single 1/8th chainring onto the MTB which currently
has a PCD of 110mm. Not having much luck tracking one down - the
1/8th rings at ChickenCycles only seem to go down to...
Forum: UK July 15th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Duncan Smith
MTB Frame size for XC Singletrack?

Quick heads up - after some 1-2-1 tuition I'm considering replacing
the frame of a Specialized Rockhopper 2007 for a Cove Stiffee on the
grounds that the more relaxed head angle may be more steady...
Forum: UK June 23rd 08, 08:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Duncan Smith
Any single-track round Edinburgh

On Jun 23, 7:04*am, soup wrote:
Duncan Smith wrote:
*I was wondering if there were any decent rides/singletrack
that we could get to from the city centre (without...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Duncan Smith
Any single-track round Edinburgh

I'll be up in Edinburgh for a stag-do in a few weeks time and was
toying with the idea of filling up some day time with hiring a
mountain bike from Biketrax. Not being too familiar with the area,...
Forum: UK June 16th 08, 08:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Duncan Smith
Best seat

On Jun 15, 10:08 pm, Topref wrote:
I need a new seat on my run-of-the-mill Dawes One-Track bike as I intend
doing quite a few miles in the next few months to help shed the...
Forum: UK June 6th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Duncan Smith
British Bike Tribes in THE INDEPENDENT

On Jun 6, 8:13*am, Artemisia wrote:
Article in today's INDEPENDENT about bike "tribes" in the UK - dark
siders, Bromptonautes, etc.

Forum: UK May 27th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Duncan Smith
Question about MTB back wheel

On May 27, 9:21 pm, killermike wrote:
Question. I have a 1993 no suspension mountain bike with a ruined rear
axle. The six speed gears are of the freewheel type. If I buy...
Forum: UK May 22nd 08, 08:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Duncan Smith
BSD on ISO/ERTO?

A tyre that is 2 inches wide, for example, on a typical wheel rim for the
tyre, is also about 2 inches deep. *So you can work out the approximate
outer diameter once you know the ISO and...
Forum: UK May 20th 08, 10:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Smith
Best value mountain bike

On May 20, 9:07 pm, "Blue Frog" wrote:
I'm looking for a good quality and light mountain bike for around £500 maybe
more. Could anyone recommend the best value?
I bought...
Forum: UK May 18th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Duncan Smith
Where can I get my hands on a Minoura QB-90 bottle clamp?

I'm after a quick release water bottle cage like the Minoura QB-90 (or
similar) for the Brommie. Does anyone know of a site where I could
order one - only ones I've managed to locate so far have all...
Forum: UK May 17th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Duncan Smith
Wheelies Direct

On May 16, 6:28 pm, naked_draughtsman
wrote:
Has anybody ever used 'Wheelies Direct' (http://www.wheelies.co.uk) for
bikes or parts and know if they are any good?

Forum: UK May 17th 08, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Duncan Smith
Internal hub gears or derailleur?

Some commuting bikes (Giant Escape for example) come with 8 speed
internal gear hubs whereas others (Giant CRS) have 27 speed derailleur
systems. Is it practical to use a bike with internal...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 433