Showing results 1 to 25 of 124
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Naqerj
Forum: UK July 13th 10, 09:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Naqerj
Which wheel travels furthest?

Clive George wrote:

What I still don't know is how that shape is achieved. It could be by
stretching/compressing the tyre material, or it could be by wrinkling
it. (he says showing lack...
Forum: Techniques July 1st 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 112
Posted By Naqerj
Pedal axle extenders in Europe

Phil W Lee wrote:

OK, for the pedantic:
Pedal reflectors complying with Schedule 20 Part 1 of the Road Vehicle
Lighting Regulations 1989 are mandatory on pedal cycles used during
the...
Forum: UK June 19th 10, 01:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Posted By Naqerj
Helmets in cycle races

Philip Ryder wrote:
I realise this is a controversial subject, I would like you to take my
word that I'm not trying to troll. I have a question that has been
bugging me for a while and I...
Forum: UK May 5th 10, 08:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By Naqerj
Who gets your vote?

JNugent wrote:

You are wrong. It is DEFINITELY an option, whether in a voting booth or
when voting by post. I have been to a couple of election counts - and
there are always some - a few...
Forum: UK May 4th 10, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Naqerj
Cycling books - a list

Nige Danton wrote:
New additions to the list are marked with ***.

Dutch books? (Andrew), sorry I missed your post - Yes, foreign
language books are welcome too and I'll mark them as...
Forum: UK March 12th 10, 11:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Naqerj
Cycling books.. a list

Nige Danton wrote:
Here is an updated list of the books and hopefully this time around
the formatting is readable.

The new additions are marked ***

All contributions and suggestions...
Forum: UK December 26th 09, 11:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Naqerj
Cycling books... a list

Jeremy Parker wrote:

May I suggest adding Daniel Behrman's "The Man Who Loved Bicycles,
the Memoirs of an Autophobe" under general, especially because I
would like to nominate it as the...
Forum: UK December 22nd 09, 08:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Naqerj
Cycling books... a list

Nige Danton wrote:
Apologies for the slow follow up. Here's a start on the list - the format is
author, title and arranged in alphabetical order of the author:

If you have suggestions about...
Forum: UK November 26th 09, 10:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Naqerj
Spokes breaking at threads?

thirty-six wrote:
On 25 Nov, 20:37, Naqerj wrote:
thirty-six wrote:

Unlikely , but possible that the thread has been cut too sharp
May I interject a bit...
Forum: UK November 26th 09, 10:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Naqerj
Tied and soldered spokes.

thirty-six wrote:

What I was getting at was that the rim is offset to the flanges. I
realise this is not necessarily always the case but that is what I
have seen on lightweight...
Forum: UK November 26th 09, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Naqerj
Tied and soldered spokes.

Ian Smith wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Naqerj wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
On 23 Nov, 22:29, Naqerj wrote:
Ah, we're not talking...
Forum: UK November 25th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Naqerj
Spokes breaking at threads?

thirty-six wrote:

Unlikely , but possible that the thread has been cut too sharp

May I interject a bit of pedantry here? Spoke threads are not cut,
they're rolled.

Mine dew, I do have a...
Forum: UK November 25th 09, 09:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Naqerj
Tied and soldered spokes.

thirty-six wrote:
On 23 Nov, 22:29, Naqerj wrote:

Ah, we're not talking about quite the same thing, I think. The motor
cycle wheel I saw had a plastic failure...
Forum: UK November 25th 09, 09:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Naqerj
Tied and soldered spokes.

thirty-six wrote:

A tricycle wheel usually has cantilever axles which are thicker

and make no difference to the strength of the wheel.

and
flange offset is greater on the dual track axle.
Forum: UK November 23rd 09, 11:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Naqerj
Tied and soldered spokes.

thirty-six wrote:
On 22 Nov, 18:08, Ian Smith wrote:

Likewise, I think you'll always get a lateral buckle from a wheel
before you get a radial buckle.

If...
Forum: UK November 23rd 09, 11:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Naqerj
Tied and soldered spokes.

Ian Smith wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:16:35 +0000, Naqerj wrote:
Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov, wrote:
Forum: UK November 23rd 09, 11:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Naqerj
for Clive efficient running of wire spoked wheels abandoned urcm

Rob Morley wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:15:16 +0000
Naqerj wrote:

[4] What qualifies as "tight", for example.

tight = under tension

Ah, but how much...
Forum: UK November 23rd 09, 11:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:15:16 +0000, Naqerj
wrote:

There is no structural [1] reason for the spokes to remain tight as long
Forum: UK November 23rd 09, 10:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Naqerj
for Clive efficient running of wire spoked wheels abandoned urcm

Ian Smith wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Naqerj wrote:
Ian Smith wrote:

Since I was actually interested in the answer,
I said I wouldn't but, if you really...
Forum: UK November 21st 09, 09:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Naqerj
Tied and soldered spokes.

Ian Smith wrote:
Out of interest, however, has anyone ever...

Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov, wrote:
On Nov 21, 3:38 am, Ian Smith wrote:
Out of interest, however, has anyone ever...
Forum: UK November 21st 09, 07:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Ian Smith wrote:

Since I was actually interested in the answer,

I said I wouldn't but, if you really are interested in the answer...

There is no structural [1] reason for the spokes to remain...
Forum: UK November 19th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Naqerj
for Clive efficient running of wire spoked wheels abandoned urcm

Ian Smith wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Naqerj wrote:
Ian Smith wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Naqerj wrote:
Ian Smith...
Forum: UK November 18th 09, 08:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Naqerj
for Clive efficient running of wire spoked wheels abandoned urcm

Ian Smith wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:44:22 +0000, Naqerj wrote:
Ian Smith wrote:
Forum: UK November 17th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Ian Smith wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 (PST), thirty-six wrote:
There is no reason for the lowest spokes to stay tight, they do not
and can not contribute to the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 124