Showing results 1 to 25 of 117
Search took 5.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Jones
Forum: Racing February 10th 12, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Jeff Jones
Field Narrowed for TdF

On Feb 10, 12:35*am, ilan wrote:
On Feb 10, 1:04*am, "Benjo Maso" wrote:

"ilan" *schreef in...
Forum: Racing February 9th 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Jeff Jones
Field Narrowed for TdF

Yes, I see what you mean. The intent was the same, the outcome very different because that's what the WADA code says.

I don't know whether he could have argued 'accidental ingestion' and hedged his...
Forum: Racing February 8th 12, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Jeff Jones
Field Narrowed for TdF

I can't be bothered to read it again but in the award I think that UCI/WADA were asked by CAS to put forward plausible alternatives to counter Contador's tainted meat explanation, presumably because...
Forum: Racing December 2nd 11, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Jones
Fatty Masters

A lotta coulda woulda shoulda. I know other riders like that.

Although 40 is the new 30, by 50 you're past it.
Forum: Racing February 17th 11, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Jones
Dopador Back to Racing

On Feb 17, 2:15*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/spanish-meat-production-association-d...

Looks like the UCI and WADA will have some additional...
Forum: Racing February 8th 11, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Jeff Jones
This just in

On Feb 8, 4:42*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
Ricco...
No link - Choose your favorite site for cycling related news.
DR

This would never have happened if Lance had have been banned.
Forum: Racing October 28th 10, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Jeff Jones
Isn't he one of ours?

On Oct 27, 4:58*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Jeff Jones won a 12 hour TT, but long-distance TTs are not major
events.

You're right, they're not.

I did win a round of the UK...
Forum: Racing October 9th 10, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Jones
Poor Contador

On Oct 9, 6:33*pm, BLafferty wrote:

The bottom line is that Armstrong has never sued anyone in the US for
defamation and most likely never will. He's threatened it, to...
Forum: Racing September 30th 10, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Jeff Jones
speaking of positives

On Sep 30, 2:24*am, Plano Dude wrote:

Yeah, I greatly disappointed. Do I believe the food story? Not at all.
I don't know the testing characteristics (how long it...
Forum: Racing September 6th 10, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By Jeff Jones
Today is 20th Anniversary of John Frey's 47:35 40K in MoriartyNew Mexico

On Sep 5, 12:45*am, drmofe wrote:

Congratulations to John.

Chris Boardman still holds the UK 25m (40km) ITT record set in 1993 at
45:57

Dave McCann broke it last year...
Forum: Racing September 4th 10, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By Jeff Jones
Today is 20th Anniversary of John Frey's 47:35 40K in MoriartyNew Mexico

On Sep 4, 2:47*pm, Scott wrote:
On Sep 4, 12:57*am, Jeff Jones wrote:

On Sep 4, 3:07*am, Fred on a stick...
Forum: Racing September 4th 10, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By Jeff Jones
Today is 20th Anniversary of John Frey's 47:35 40K in MoriartyNew Mexico

On Sep 4, 3:07*am, Fred on a stick
wrote:
On 9/3/2010 4:06 PM, Scott wrote:

Moriarty was, back in the day, the perfect place for a TT record
attempt....
Forum: Racing July 31st 10, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff Jones
invitation to all you LA haters and "they all dope"

On Jul 31, 7:14*pm, Betty wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Cyclingnews spun off the forum to some extent, *which fed on the
doping articles CN produced. Perhaps you...
Forum: Racing July 20th 10, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Jones
Paging Dr Coggan... Paging Dr. Coggan

On Jul 20, 8:28*am, Jeff Jones wrote:
On Jul 20, 3:57*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

5. Power calculation from Tour stages : Frédéric Portoleau has a...
Forum: Racing July 20th 10, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Jones
Paging Dr Coggan... Paging Dr. Coggan

On Jul 20, 3:57*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
5. Power calculation from Tour stages : Frédéric Portoleau has a page
put up where he has power estimates of various top riders...
Forum: Racing May 26th 10, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Jones
would it be possible for one of you rbr graph geeks

On May 26, 12:40*am, bar wrote:

"I took it easy when it wasn't steep and I sprinted when it was hard,"
Garzelli said.

Garzelli paced it well
Forum: Racing May 22nd 10, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 86
Posted By Jeff Jones
Hey, where's Allen Lim?

On May 21, 4:31*am, DA74 wrote:
Hey doctor ****ing Allen, how are those Floyd wattage plausability
calculations going now? *According to my limited brain capacity...
Forum: Racing May 16th 10, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Jones
Ale-Jet

On May 14, 9:50*pm, Scott wrote:
On May 14, 12:12*pm, Jeff Jones wrote:

On May 14, 4:22*pm, Scott wrote:

Forum: Racing May 14th 10, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Jones
Ale-Jet

On May 14, 4:22*pm, Scott wrote:
Didn't someone tell Petacchi there were two riders off the front?

Hondo
Forum: Racing December 1st 09, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
VAM
Posted By Jeff Jones
VAM

On Dec 1, 6:40*pm, z wrote:
Are values comparable across different sports? If so, this guy's cycling
palmares should have exceeded his running palmares.

Forum: Racing September 8th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Jones
russell crowe: masters fattie?

On Sep 4, 2:28*pm, bar wrote:
article about him putting the hurt on some journalist ...http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8237512.stm

Ah, takes me back... I coulda...
Forum: Racing July 20th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Jones
Rest Day Entertainment

On Jul 20, 5:37*pm, "Paul G." wrote:
Damn, this English kid is good:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

Scottish. And yes, he is good.

Jeff
Forum: Racing June 23rd 09, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Jones
When Do We Get a New Site?

On Jun 23, 12:28*am, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

Thanks for listening Jeff, cause I believe you have a voice at FP.

Bruce, please refer to what I said in my first post. Bear...
Forum: Racing June 22nd 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Jones
When Do We Get a New Site?

On Jun 22, 7:50*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
Jeff Jones wrote:
No offence, but no. I'm not the editor of Cyclingnews and had very little
to do with its redesign.

Forum: Racing June 22nd 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Jones
When Do We Get a New Site?