Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike vore
Forum: Rides April 1st 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 24
Posted By mike vore
What is it about the mileage?

On Mar 27, 8:17 am, "Pat" wrote:
I am seeing posts on this and other places where the topic is about the trip
but all anyone wants to do is brag on the mileage and I don't...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By mike vore
How about compressed air instead of CO2?

J. Clarke wrote:

Care to quantify that, assuming hydrogen or electric powered mining
equipment instead of gasoline?

And where does that electric come from? Some from Atomic generating,...
Forum: General August 17th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By mike vore
Question about motels and touring

Smokey wrote:
I plan to do my first overnight tour this fall and will be staying in
motels. My question: will motels normally let you bring your bike into
your room for protection from theft? I...
Forum: Rides May 8th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By mike vore
Bike route to Alexandria?

news.virginia.edu wrote:
Your assumptions are correct. I did mean Charlottesville VA and Alexandria
Va. Take time to read the article. Do you know of any safe routes or was
your response the...
Forum: Rides May 6th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By mike vore
Bike route to Alexandria?

news.virginia.edu wrote:
Does anyone know of a relatively safe route from C'ville to Alexandria for
this family?
See article attached.

Which C'ville? And I might add, Which...
Forum: Rides January 28th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 144
Posted By mike vore
electric bikes on centuries

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
As I'm reading an article in this-morning's San Jose Mercury News about
newfound popularity of electric bikes, and their limitations (max speeds
25mph or less; need to...
Forum: General January 28th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 153

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
As I'm reading an article in this-morning's San Jose Mercury News about
newfound popularity of electric bikes, and their limitations (max speeds
25mph or less; need to...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 28th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 6
Posted By mike vore
BikeE Bad?

Jeff Grippe wrote:
In an earlier thread, someone referred to the BikeE as uncomfortable. I have
never ridden one but I was considering getting a cheap one on ebay just to
have a bike. I got...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 18th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 3
Posted By mike vore
NYC bike stencil looks like a recumbent!

Rotate the rider another 60degrees and it will surely be recumbent!

wrote:
Our family was in NYC last week. We walked the Brooklyn Bridge one
night. There were painted...
Forum: General January 1st 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By mike vore
Secrets of Warm Toes?

I've ridden (9mi each way commute) in temperatures as low as 25F with no
problem, and no problems with cold feet. The secret - forget my toes, just
keep the blood warm on the way to the feet. I...
Forum: General December 9th 06, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By mike vore
How may miles have you ridden this year?

zeke wrote:
How may miles have you ridden this year? I'm just shy of 10,000.

Not that many, but it's hard to tell now - ask again when the year is over,
there are still over 20 days left to...
Forum: Recumbent Biking November 29th 06, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 2
Posted By mike vore
New Barcroft Dakota

Bill Cook (http://barcroftcycles.com) delivered my new Dakota today - so in
spite of having lots to do I took it for a short (19mi) ride. It was great, I
still have to get used to the shorter...
Forum: General September 28th 06, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By mike vore
Wall Calendar of NCR / Heritage Trail - Md.-Pa.

Wall Calendar featuring the NCR and Heritage Trails from Baltimore, MD to
York, PA.

Open, the calendar measures 11x17, each page measures 8-1/2x11 with plastic
coil bindings.

This calendar contains...
Forum: Rides September 27th 06, 06:42 PM Posted to dc.biking,dc.forsale,dc.forsale.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By mike vore
Wall Calendar of the NCR/Heritage Trail

Wall Calendar featuring the NCR and Heritage Trails from Baltimore, MD to
York, PA.

Open, the calendar measures 11x17, each page measures 8-1/2x11 with plastic
coil bindings.

This calendar contains...
Forum: Rides September 11th 06, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 11
Posted By mike vore
Bikes allowed on Detroit-Windsor bridge?

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
the north side and Niagara Falls on the 1994 trip, but was only near the
lake shore in 1968 on the Buffalo - Cleveland segment. The least used of
the bridges at Niagara...
Forum: Rides September 7th 06, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By mike vore
New Guy + Dumb Question = Me

Raptor wrote:
Nick Smith wrote:

Stick to the bike paths with soft grass on the sides while you learn.
Ride slow and easy. Experiment. Figure out how your bike works. And read
Sheldon's...
Forum: General August 24th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By mike vore
Questions for commuters

Ken C. M. wrote:

The reason these I ask these question is this. The other day while at
work I had a small conversation with a co-worker about how far people
are willing to drive to work, the...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 24th 06, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 18
Posted By mike vore
Uphill speed.

wrote:
I know this topic has been beat to death, but I have a question. It
appears to be the common opinion that recumbents are slower that dfs
uphill. Is this assuming...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18