Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TomYoung
Forum: Racing November 12th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By TomYoung
Tour de France doesn't rank as high as I thought it would

Though it's not clear why.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/st_Testing_Drug_Policies_20091112.html

Tom Young
Forum: Techniques June 15th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By TomYoung
View the "coming attractions"

On Jun 15, 8:39*am, wrote:
Binary-Coded Decimal wrote:
I am looking for advice for a mirror for my bike. *(Too many cell
phone using drivers, etc.)
Forum: Techniques May 19th 09, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By TomYoung
"N" spokes?

On May 18, 4:17*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
What brand of spokes have an "N" at the head?

Sky Yaeger, who is both smart and has lost fewer brain cells
than...
Forum: Techniques May 12th 09, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By TomYoung
"quick release" chain link that really IS?

On May 11, 3:01*pm, (It's Chris) wrote:
I loved the concept of tool free chain breaking initiated (AFAIK) by the
Craig "Super-Link". However, Craig is no more, and...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 09, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By TomYoung
Park Tool Master Link Pliers for chains

On May 4, 10:14*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:

On Tue, 5 May 2009 18:54:49 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
Forum: Techniques April 19th 09, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By TomYoung
Replacement for Shimano R443 FD / lever?

On Apr 19, 12:55*pm, Rob Lindauer wrote:
I have an ~6-year old Specialized Sirrus (flat bar hybrid) with Shimano
R443 triple FD and corresponding gear shift lever.

It...
Forum: Techniques October 29th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By TomYoung
What does Tektro mean by "Dimension" with reference to cantileverbrakes?

On Oct 29, 7:33*am, "Peter Howard"
wrote:
"TomYoung" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques October 29th 08, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By TomYoung
What does Tektro mean by "Dimension" with reference to cantileverbrakes?

Hi all:

Looking at the Tektro website (e.g. http://www.tektro.com/02products/11qb.php)
they list a "Dimension" for their cantilever brakes, like "23 -
37mm." I assume (and here's the question) that...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 08, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By TomYoung
Mounting Shimano SPD-SL on SIDI Genius shoes?

On Oct 25, 11:34*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
"TomYoung" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques October 25th 08, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By TomYoung
Mounting Shimano SPD-SL on SIDI Genius shoes?

Hi all:

I'm switching pedal systems from the old-style Look setup to Shimano
Ultegra PP-6610 pedals that use SPD-SL cleats. The shoes are older (~
year 2000) SIDI Genius shoes and I'm finding that...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By TomYoung
What did Evans mean when he said CSC had 2 - 3 times Silence-Lotto'sbudget?

According to

http://www.letour.fr/2008/TDF/COURSE/docs/CSC_us.pdf

and

http://www.letour.fr/2008/TDF/COURSE/docs/SIL_us.pdf

the two teams' budgets are pretty close. Are these budget figures
only...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By TomYoung
A shot in the dark: Anybody know who made Axiom computers forPerformance Bike?

Hi:

I need to replace the mount for my Axiom A08C cycle computer.
Performance no longer carries the brand which, I believe, was
exclusive to them. Anybody know who made these computers...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By TomYoung
Can't get rear canti brake to skid tire. Should it?

On Jun 29, 3:18*pm, "Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote:
"TomYoung" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques June 29th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By TomYoung
Can't get rear canti brake to skid tire. Should it?

On Jun 28, 6:49Â*pm, jim beam wrote:
TomYoung wrote:
On Jun 27, 6:20�pm, TomYoung wrote:
On Jun 27, 2:34�pm, M-gineering...
Forum: Techniques June 29th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By TomYoung
Can't get rear canti brake to skid tire. Should it?

On Jun 27, 6:20*pm, TomYoung wrote:
On Jun 27, 2:34*pm, M-gineering wrote:

TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

Still working on that...
Forum: Techniques June 28th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By TomYoung
Can't get rear canti brake to skid tire. Should it?

On Jun 27, 4:02*pm, wrote:
Tom Young wrote:
I assume that the straddle cable is out of adjustment or the
straddle cable yoke is bottoming on the cable...
Forum: Techniques June 28th 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By TomYoung
Can't get rear canti brake to skid tire. Should it?

On Jun 27, 2:34*pm, M-gineering wrote:
TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

Still working on that bike for my daughter (it was a "freebie" that's
cost me about $50...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

Still working on that bike for my daughter (it was a "freebie" that's
cost me about $50...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 08, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 27, 12:41 pm, wrote:
I assume that the straddle cable is out of adjustment or the straddle
cable yoke is bottoming on the cable housing anchor.

I don't...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 27, 1:18*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 27, 12:19 pm, TomYoung wrote:

Hi all:

Still working on that bike for my daughter (it was a...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By TomYoung
Can't get rear canti brake to skid tire. Should it?

Hi all:

Still working on that bike for my daughter (it was a "freebie" that's
cost me about $50 in parts and lots of hours of work) and thanks to
the help I've received here everything seems to be...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By TomYoung
Is the torque on a nutted bottom bracket different than a bolt-onbottom bracket?

Hi all:

The bottom bracket on the bike I'm fixing up for my daughter uses a
nut instead of a bolt to secure the crank to the square taper axle. I
seem to recall that torque values on nutted bottom...
Forum: Techniques June 22nd 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By TomYoung
Cup and cone bottom bracket question

On Jun 21, 4:03*pm, landotter wrote:
On Jun 21, 5:53*pm, TomYoung wrote:

Hi all:

I'm fixing up an older bike for my daughter. *Since the...
Forum: Techniques June 21st 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By TomYoung
Cup and cone bottom bracket question

Hi all:

I'm fixing up an older bike for my daughter. Since the bottom bracket
seemed a little "crunchy" when turned I figured I'd pull it apart and
do the clean and lube routine.

Had no problems...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81