Showing results 1 to 25 of 128
Search took 1.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phil, Non-Squid
Forum: Recumbent Biking May 2nd 07, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Replies: 51
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
So Who's Gonna See "The Flying Scotsman"??

Prisoner at War wrote:
Based on a true story, etc. -- the movie trailer makes it sound like
there's a bit of technical stuff involved, too! I can't stand how
they just have to have a "faithful...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 07, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Replies: 63

Prisoner at War wrote:
Based on a true story, etc. -- the movie trailer makes it sound like
there's a bit of technical stuff involved, too! I can't stand how
they just have to have a "faithful...
Forum: General May 2nd 07, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films

Prisoner at War wrote:
Based on a true story, etc. -- the movie trailer makes it sound like
there's a bit of technical stuff involved, too! I can't stand how
they just have to have a "faithful...
Forum: Techniques May 1st 07, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Goldang CLICKING!

Bill Sornson wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
Sheesh!

Not the stem/bars, not the pedals, not the rear wheel, not the
chainring bolts. Not the seat/seatpost. Chain is good, cassette is on
Forum: Techniques April 30th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
trendy fixies in NYT

landotter wrote:
On Apr 29, 8:07 am, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:10 pm, Bill Westphal wrote:

Finally, something trendy not from...
Forum: Techniques April 29th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Small bike with STI/Ergo shifters? Solution here!

A Muzi wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
Here's my solution to having a super-small bike with a 5mm stem
stack height and a headtube shorter than 100mm.
Forum: Techniques April 29th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Failing/Cracking crank or just cosmetic scratches?

Paul Cassel wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:

Okay so I'm being facetious. There's a bit of shoe rub... I should
watch out for that. :)

Are you riding over shoes? That's the only way I...
Forum: Techniques April 28th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Small bike with STI/Ergo shifters? Solution here!

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Apr 27, 10:57 pm, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
Here's my solution to having a super-small bike with a 5mm stem
stack height and...
Forum: Techniques April 28th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Failing/Cracking crank or just cosmetic scratches?

http://picasaweb.google.com/zeeexsixare/RBT/photo?authkey=kqFitSiY_cE#5058333403176951794

http://picasaweb.google.com/zeeexsixare/RBT/photo?authkey=kqFitSiY_cE#5058333424651788290

http://picasaweb.g...
Forum: Techniques April 28th 07, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Small bike with STI/Ergo shifters? Solution here!

Here's my solution to having a super-small bike with a 5mm stem stack height
and a headtube shorter than...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 28th 07, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 24
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
My frame is better than yours!

Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
?Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:02:27 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid

Forum: Mountain Biking April 28th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

?Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:02:27 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140109832737

I just won and...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 28th 07, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140109832737

I just won and I'm in love.

14"?!?!?! WTF? And I thought I was a midget....
Forum: Mountain Biking April 28th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140109832737

I just won and I'm in love.

You're a friggin' eBay addict. You buy a lot of...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 28th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

--
Phil
Forum: Techniques April 27th 07, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
Be ready to waste a lot of time on this detailed report from Interbike
1897.

Almost every topic should be familiar, from D-shape and tapered tubing
(plus...
Forum: Techniques April 25th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 123
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
$4 gas - a tipping point?

David L. Johnson wrote:
wrote:
People get used to the higher prices. ~~1980 when the Arabs started
controling supplies, gas went from $0.32 to $.59 to $1 in just...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 25th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Mike Vandeman supports killing of grizzly bears.

G.T. wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On 24 Apr 2007 05:45:20 -0700, The real Duty-Honor-Country
Forum: Techniques April 25th 07, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
OT = Test & Where R my Posts going?

Bill Sornson wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Hi there.

This is a test to see if it appears at my end.

Family newsgroup, buddy.

(That's for Squidly Squidlinson.)
Forum: Techniques April 24th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
10 sp. chain for Shimano drivetrain: what works?

Rick wrote:
On Apr 17, 1:14 pm, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
Rick wrote:
On Apr 17, 11:28 am, wrote:
On Apr 17, 10:22 am, Rick...
Forum: Techniques April 17th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Campy Mirage left shifter broken...

Tomek Li wrote:
And one more thing... How do you replace the hoods? I keep on trying,
but I can't remove the damaged hood. If fitting the new one will be
as easy as removing old, I rather move...
Forum: Techniques April 17th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
10 sp. chain for Shimano drivetrain: what works?

Rick wrote:
On Apr 17, 11:28 am, wrote:
On Apr 17, 10:22 am, Rick wrote:

My wife got our first Shimano 10 sp drive train a few months...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
ebay listings, Cinelli vs. Masi

G.T. wrote:
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:

Forum: Techniques April 15th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Apr 13, 7:57 pm, "G.T." wrote:
"Tim McNamara" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques April 15th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Phil, Non-Squid
Can I use Shimano derailers with Ergopower shifters

wrote:
I'm trying to upgrade my bicycle without dropping too much money. I
was wondering whether it's possible to use Shimano derailers with
Campy Ergopower shifters....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 128