AMuzi wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:
On Jun 24, 7:59 pm, John Thompson wrote:
On 2009-06-24,
wrote:

And...
Forum: Racing June 24th 09, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 97
Posted By Mark[_12_]
what is Saxo Bank so excited about?

Tuschinski wrote:
On Jun 24, 3:04 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 01:06:54 -0700 (PDT), Tuschinski

wrote:
Riis was very good in TT's!...
Forum: General June 17th 09, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By Mark[_12_]
What saddlebags do people like?

Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
The cats have been to the vet in a pet carrier bungee-corded to a rear
rack - I would not trust them to stay in a basket while riding.

On first read I only saw...
Forum: General June 17th 09, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By Mark[_12_]
What saddlebags do people like?

landotter wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:24 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
I am looking for something large enough for a rain-suit, lunch and
possibly a change of...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Bearings on shimano dynamo hubs

torn wrote:
someone wrote:
On 16 June, 15:58, torn wrote:
Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Anyway, is the quick release axle replaceable with a solid axle,
Forum: Techniques June 17th 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Mark[_12_]
OT - News Servers

John Everett wrote:
My isp, AT&T Yahoo, has recently announced it's getting out of the
news server business effective July 15th. After participating here for
almost twenty years (remember when...
Forum: Techniques June 16th 09, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Campagnolo 11 vs 10 speed, new bike

Chalo wrote:
David Patnaude wrote:
Art Harris wrote:

David Patnaude wrote:
Current
bike is Centaur 10 speed which I have had no complaints with.
So why are you buying a new...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 09, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Mark[_12_]
How suitable is a 12 paired spoke wheel.

AMuzi wrote:
jim beam wrote:
Chalo wrote:
jim beam wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
I can't get the link to load, but is the OP referring to 12 pairs of
spokes or 12 spokes,...
Forum: Techniques June 4th 09, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Seeking Spokes

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 14:13:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I'm trying to find a replacement spoke for one of my wheels. It's a
Wheelsmith AE15, 286mm length. Does anyone know...
Forum: Techniques May 31st 09, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 146
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Cadence ( Campy reintroduces yet another example of gearinginsanity)

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Bernhard Agthe wrote:

Why is a mile exactly 1600 meter? And why
is a "mile" called a "mile"?
Forum: Racing May 31st 09, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark[_12_]
WTF is up with Universal Sports commentary?

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
After three weeks of this, I still think the commentators are really
good -- better than Liggett and Sherwen. Nice discussion, not much
yelling or...
Forum: Techniques May 30th 09, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Tire Shelf Life

Solomander wrote:
I have a pair of new Michelin tires that have been sitting around in
my basement for around 3 years. They haven't been exposed to any
sunlight, ozone, etc.. Are they OK to...
Forum: Techniques May 29th 09, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Pedal powered hot dog launcher

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
bicycle_disciple wrote:

So you're given a bunch of hot...
Forum: Techniques May 26th 09, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Seatpost diameter for older RockHopper?

gwandsh wrote:
Picked up a mid-90's steel framed Rockhopper Comp as a beater
commuter. The frame tubing is labeled as Ritchey Pro-logic "Nitanium"
- whatever the Nitanium might be.

The...
Forum: Techniques May 19th 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Evidence that bicycle helmets deteriorate with age?

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On May 19, 4:29 am, wrote:
I've had a few colleagues hassle me about replacing my '97-vintage
Ritchey helmet.

Is there any experimental...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 09, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Vertical Drop Outs on rear of frame

RonSonic wrote:
On Wed, 6 May 2009 09:14:17 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute wrote:

On May 6, 1:51 pm, Erness Wild wrote:
I just saw a bicycle...
Forum: Techniques May 4th 09, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Suntour cranks

AMuzi wrote:
Tom_Sherman wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"samson" wrote in message
I bought a Trek 3700 Mt...
Forum: Techniques April 24th 09, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Removing upper pulley from Suntour VGT

dale b wrote:
OK-I thought I did this at one time 30 years ago, but I can't
remember how. Do I have to remove the entire spring mechanism to
do this?
Thanks

Hmmm, it's been a long time,...
Forum: Techniques April 7th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Mark[_12_]
What's a good inner tube? (presta)

wrote:
Larry Fieman wrote:

Reading the "What's a good patch?" thread got me to wondering
"What's a good inner tube" (presta)?

I've always had very good...
Forum: Techniques April 7th 09, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Mark[_12_]
My first dog bite

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Apr 6, 5:01 pm, Greg Evans wrote:
On Apr 6, 3:10 pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article...
Forum: Techniques March 26th 09, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Mark[_12_]
age of child for bicycle trailer

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:46 pm, wrote:
On Mar 20, 9:23 am, "ernestolube.com" wrote:

Hi, how old does a child have to be to be in a...
Forum: Techniques March 17th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Best Interior Bicycle Storage Racks?

Tom Sherman wrote:
Mark J? wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tom Sherman:
Anyone use any of the commercially available free standing systems
that can...
Forum: Techniques March 17th 09, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 169
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Best hub dynamo and LED headlight

Andreas Oehler wrote:
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:59:30 -0700, Mark:

Chalo wrote:
wrote:
Chalo wrote:
I know that bike dynamos put out a maximum of 500mA, and that...
Forum: Techniques March 16th 09, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 169
Posted By Mark[_12_]
Best hub dynamo and LED headlight

Chalo wrote:
wrote:
Chalo wrote:
I know that bike dynamos put out a maximum of 500mA, and that because
of their sinusoidal output, their RMS wattage is less than implied...
Forum: Techniques March 15th 09, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Tom Sherman wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tom Sherman:
Anyone use any of the commercially available free standing systems
that can report back? A couple of the bicycles will be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43