Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rubix
Forum: Unicycling September 12th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Rubix
Does a brake help in downhill hops?

As far as the cable vs hydraulic brakes, do you have any resistance on
the hydraulics as to tell you how hard you are pulling on the brakes
(force feedback)? That would be my only issue. Of course, I...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Rubix
How do you dismount?

When I ride, if its my 24 or my 29er, I usually do a step off to the
back. I tend to think that if i can't stop in time for whatever, I can
always step off the back and let the uni take what is...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Rubix
137's on KH24 for Freeride/Technical downhill

adjuggler wrote:
This may be slightly off topic, but since I don't MUni currently and
this thread has me interested; do Unicycles react the same way as bikes
do with high torque in that wheel...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Rubix
137's on KH24 for Freeride/Technical downhill

MuniAddict wrote:

Taking it to the extreme, would not even -shorter- cranks in the 100mm,
or even 89mm make climbing even easier? In other words, where is the
"cutoff point" in shorter...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 08, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Rubix
saddle for 36

if you have a T7, a fusion freeride will mount right up to it. I have
that setup on my 29er.

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna hear bout this and come and kick you...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Rubix
Which to buy 36er or 29er ?

I would agree, a 29er is the way to go for your case. You can always
upgrade to a geared hub, and be faster. But that is a case of how deep
your pockets go. I have a 29er, used to have a 36er. I can...
Forum: Unicycling August 4th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Rubix
Newspaper article about my bus/unicycle commute

Benefits are twofold for Wu: He has cut his transportation cost from
more than $200 per month to about $100 month, saves energy and reduces
-carbon dioxide emissions-.

Since when has breathing been...
Forum: Unicycling August 2nd 08, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Rubix
HHI Unicyclists

I was in Charleston for 3.5 years, unicycling downtown about a year till
I moved back home to Memphis this monday. I rode all over Charleston and
Summerville, lovely area to ride.

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 28th 08, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Rubix
Off the unicycle, at least for a long while

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. In this day and age, I do feel like
there is no limit to what someone can do. Regardless what doctors tell
you, you have to keep pushing forward down the road to...
Forum: Unicycling July 25th 08, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Rubix
I tried... sorry

ok, so I can't edit my post, bah!

Anywho, with a little research, and creative use of the search function
(actually useful, yay!) this thread http://tinyurl.com/5bdnd9 may help
you. It has some...
Forum: Unicycling July 25th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Rubix
I tried... sorry

i used a schyinn (sp) meter on my 36er when I had it. Had no probs with
it. I had one on my 29er (same type) until I realized I was way too
dependent on the meter on my rides. Since I got rid of it,...
Forum: Unicycling July 25th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Rubix
Im Newzorz

my eyes are now bleeding, thanks!

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna hear bout this and come and kick you so
hard youl cough up your scrotum...
Forum: Unicycling July 24th 08, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Rubix
GA riders

i'm just a few hours away in Charleston SC

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna hear bout this and come and kick you so
hard youl cough up your scrotum...
Forum: Unicycling July 22nd 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Rubix
Shipping a 36er

I shipped mine to Washington state from here via UPS, and it was about
$79ish. This was about a year ago, so things may have changed.

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna...
Forum: Unicycling July 4th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Rubix
The Triton's competition

Just so I'm caught up in this thread...

Someone wants a cheap Ti frame (yeah right)
Someone wants a one-off Ti frame at a discount (yeah, right)
Everyone else is fine with the designs and the people...
Forum: Unicycling July 4th 08, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Rubix
thinking about quitting riding...for now

believe me, if i could move to Germany, i would be there in a heartbeat.
You are right, I don't care too much for the place i'm at now. Right now
I really have nothing holding me here. But I have...
Forum: Unicycling July 4th 08, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Rubix
thinking about quitting riding...for now

I am seriously thinking about not riding for a long while. My main
problem is I have nothing really in the area to challenge me to become
a better rider. Charleston is really flat. There isn't many...
Forum: Unicycling June 26th 08, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Rubix
102mm cranks on a 29er...good idea?

OK, I had 127mm cranks on my 29er. The left one went kaput, so I decided
to go a size smaller. I ordered some 102mm cranks. Looking at them side
by side, there doesn't seem to be much of a size...
Forum: Unicycling June 24th 08, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Rubix
The Triton's competition

Like I said, I'm in the market for a Ti 29er frame. Lemme know the price
and I will see if i can indeed seek into this endeavor.

But yeah, put me down for a 29er frame, pour va vour?

--...
Forum: Unicycling June 23rd 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Rubix
Unicycling plateau

jamessd wrote:
Not coasting ;) That is way too hard for a beginner, but I wont rule it
out because some people learn to do things hardest first :p :rolleyes: .

Well, once you learn WW and...
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 08, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Rubix
The Triton's competition

if the triton frames were still being produced, my name would be in the
hat. I just didn't get funds quick enough to get my frame.

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna...
Forum: Unicycling June 21st 08, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Rubix
The Triton's competition

Why not build a prototype of each frame, and see what people want? I
know it will be a lot to do, but to build one, and have it out there
for people to see and try, may be the best way to get the...
Forum: Unicycling June 19th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Rubix
Unicycling plateau

I'm in the same boat. I've been riding for a little over a year. I can
hop up on curbs on a good day. From what I gather from the good folks
here, riding backwards, idling, wheel walking, one foot...
Forum: Unicycling June 19th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Rubix
I conquered the unicycle!

pt1uni wrote:
WAY TO GO. It also helps to recruit people to learn to ride with you
too, so you have riding buddies. Good luck and keep pedaling!:) !:D !
Oh yea, Cathy is right, you might as...
Forum: Unicycling May 29th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Rubix
36" Ultimate Wheel

Hey all,

I was Youtubing ultimate wheels and saw a 36" UW. I was thinking of
making one myself just to give myself a new challenge. Of course, I
will still ride my regular uni and learn new stuff,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97