Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: patrick[_2_]
Forum: Techniques December 6th 19, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By patrick[_2_]
Does anyone know what you would call this type of washer?

How bout serrated brake washer , or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIA-COMPE-CONCAVE-WASHER-FRONT-CALIPER-ROUND-BICYCLE-BRAKE-PART-BAG-OF-10-/201680850332
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 19, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By patrick[_2_]
OT- UV cured adhesive

Apologies to those that don't want off topic posts. I've just learned of UV cured adhesives and was wondering if anyone has a first hand experience using the stuff to fix things (around the house) in...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 19, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By patrick[_2_]
6-8 yr old rema tiptop patches- too old?

Just got back to riding after 6 months off and had a couple of problems with patches. Using the usual abrade/clean - alky or acetone then lay down the glue, wait to dry , apply patch and wait a bit....
Forum: Techniques February 1st 19, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 87
Posted By patrick[_2_]
Grocery Bike

Since I've been contemplating a fetch bike, I thought that perhaps an electra townie type so called flat foot bikes as a grocery getter in that the rear rack (which is mentioned by a couple of the...
Forum: Techniques January 13th 19, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By patrick[_2_]
performance brick and mortar adieu?

Many of the performance brick and mortar locations are going bye bye. If you are fortunate enough(??) to live near one (US), you might stock up on useful consumables. Over leveraged from the sound...
Forum: Techniques December 7th 18, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By patrick[_2_]
SKS RENNKOMPRESSOR: A superior, recommended floor pump

A question about floor pumps with the gauge down at the foot of the pump. Does that position make the gauge more susceptible to moisture contamination interfering with the gauge accuracy? I was...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 18, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By patrick[_2_]
Tube cement, which brand is best?

the msds for parks patch kit shows the "glue" as naptha a(about 75%), n-heptane (20 % or so), octane (less than 5%) and 1-heptene (less than 5%).
I did try the experiment using remo patches and...
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 18, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By patrick[_2_]
Tube cement, which brand is best?

So is it consensus that the route for the escape of the aromatic component is the screw top or the crimp bottom of the tube? Pat
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8