Showing results 1 to 25 of 80
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Forum: UK May 21st 07, 07:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Female Cyclist Assaulted

On 21 May, 18:29, iarocu wrote:
On 21 May, 11:14, Marc Brett wrote:

On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "

Here's the...
Forum: UK May 21st 07, 05:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Female Cyclist Assaulted

On 21 May, 11:14, Marc Brett wrote:
On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "

wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/24ofto

In...
Forum: UK May 14th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Can you get done for not wearing a helmet?

On 14 May, 09:14, Simon Brooke wrote:
in message ,

') wrote:
On...
Forum: UK May 13th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Can you get done for not wearing a helmet?

On the cycle paths, next to the River Clyde. Not on the road. Could a
dodgy plod come over and issue me a ticket?

Thanks.
Forum: UK May 11th 07, 08:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Is it legal? Wearing a MP3 player whilst cycling?

On 11 May, 00:10, Mark Thompson
wrote:
I'm talking about on the cyclepaths, next to the riverbank. Not main
roads.

Forum: UK May 10th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Is it legal? Wearing a MP3 player whilst cycling?

I'm talking about on the cyclepaths, next to the riverbank. Not main
roads.

Thank you.
Forum: UK May 10th 07, 02:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
You ever been skelped by a belt on your bike?

On 10 May, 09:06, BigRab wrote:
I think that is unfair. I think the OP lives in Glasgow, which I found
*horrible* in many ways as a cyclist 18 years ago.

Forum: UK May 9th 07, 02:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
You ever been skelped by a belt on your bike?

Your cycling along and this ruffian justs kabooms you with a big belt.
The poor wee guy on the bike got it right on his chest, and fell
backwards, clutching his chest.

Look out for that kind of...
Forum: UK May 1st 07, 04:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Glasgow Clyde cycle path takes new direction

"A SECTION of the Glasgow-Loch Lomond cycle path has been diverted
while work is under way at the Glasgow Harbour Development.

The path between Ferry Road, Kelvinhaugh, and the SECC footbridge...
Forum: UK April 27th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Bicycles stolen every 71 seconds

On 27 Apr, 11:54, Andy Leighton wrote:
On 27 Apr 2007 03:29:45 -0700, POHB wrote:

On 27 Apr, 08:52, Paul Boyd usenet.dont.work@plusnet wrote:
Forum: UK April 13th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
What I'm mostly worried about when on a cycle.

Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of...
Forum: UK April 11th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Had a wee run from Glasgow Green to Carmyle today..

Excellent wee run. Again I commend the people who maintain this route.
No glass, hardly any pot-holes. Our Glasgow contributors should do
this wee route.
Forum: UK April 10th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Posted By [email protected]
Worst injury your cycle has caused you?

I have kind of spiked pedals and they ripped right up the back of my
calve today. Thats pain.

Whats the worst injury your bike has caused you? for example, you
might have went flying (Can you fly...
Forum: UK April 10th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 185
Posted By [email protected]
Hit and run in Yorkshire

On 10 Apr, 11:19, "Simon Finnigan" wrote:
"naked_draughtsman" wrote in message

Forum: UK April 10th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Who uses NCN 75 (Glasgow, Scotland) regularly?

I'm talking about from say Cambuslang to Glasgow Green.

Whats your thoughts on it? Have you ever seen anybody walking on the
cyclepath. I don't normally see anybody.

Whats your opinions on the path?
Forum: UK April 9th 07, 08:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Man attacked on Glasgow Cycleway, daubed in blue paint.

On 8 Apr, 15:03, Tony Raven wrote:
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote on 08/04/2007 14:06 +0100:

"vernon" typed

"Helen Deborah Vecht"...
Forum: UK April 7th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Man attacked on Glasgow Cycleway, daubed in blue paint.

olice are investigating a bizarre assault after a man was slashed and
covered in blue paint.

The 46-year-old was attacked as he walked along a cycle path in
Whiteinch, Glasgow on Wednesday 4...
Forum: UK April 6th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
I must commend the people who maintain the Clyde Walkway..

Brilliant stuff. No glass. Very smooth.

Brilliant performance.
Forum: UK March 9th 07, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
I've had enough of the abuse shouted towards us cyclists

I also get "Your back-tyres DOON!!", even thought I pumped it like
five minutes before.
Forum: UK March 7th 07, 05:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
I've had enough of the abuse shouted towards us cyclists

Just back for a wee run with some members of the Humane Society in
Glasgow Green. Everything was going well until some idiot set his dog
on us. We all heard him going "Psss..get EM!!". I don't...
Forum: UK March 5th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Do people fly over the handlebars now?

On 3 Mar, 17:13, Paul Boyd wrote:
On 03/03/2007 14:26, said,

I don't get why you people think I'm not interested for.

Probably because you...
Forum: UK March 3rd 07, 03:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Do people fly over the handlebars now?

I don't get why you people think I'm not interested for.
Forum: UK March 2nd 07, 11:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
(Off Topic) Do people fly over the handlebars now?

On 2 Mar, 22:01, "Pete Biggs"
On 2 Mar, 21:52, "Pete Biggs"
Forum: UK March 2nd 07, 10:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
(Off Topic) Do people fly over the handlebars now?

On 2 Mar, 21:52, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:
Don't feed the troll!

~PB

Eh..I was just saying.
Forum: UK March 2nd 07, 10:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Glasgow Cycling?

On 2 Mar, 20:48, "Mo Saycool" steveATdarcyryanDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk
wrote:
wrote in message

Are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 80