Showing results 1 to 25 of 481
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: tomblackwood
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By tomblackwood
Another possible guni hub

harper;1171159 wrote:
The list of things that other people should do that don't look so
complicated is practically endless.

harper stop bitching and get it done lol.

--
tomblackwood
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Nice riff, Mr. GILD.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
tomblackwood's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By tomblackwood
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

Yeah, there's cold, and then there's 'this woman's cold'
(http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/).

Okay, so she's on two wheels instead of one, but she is Seriously
Hardcore. This blog is really a great...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By tomblackwood
Best Photos of 2008

nexty;1166070 wrote:
So many favs from 2008!

Picture #2 is what Uninam was all about...the kids. I love that kid in
the background, running so fast to get in on the action that both feet
are...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By tomblackwood
Best Photos of 2008

Ducttape;1166062 wrote:
The pictures didn't attach...

Damn! They sure did in my practice post, and I still see them when
logged in. But when I look from another machine, the little red...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By tomblackwood
Best Photos of 2008

maestro8;1163872 wrote:
What, no photos from Uninam?

I'll add a couple the
Corbin still-standing at the top of Hai Van...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By tomblackwood
Seattle To Portland On A Unicycle (July 2009)

Hey straightarrow, where are you based? If you're anywhere near the
Seattle area, there's a good possibility of connecting with folks in the
local group for some training rides. Sounds like Joe is...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By tomblackwood
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

ktkartch;1137706 wrote:
what kinda gloves to you guys use cause the kh wrist ones just don't
keep me warm and they mess up my riding cause of the leather seating i
dono.....

I just got a...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By tomblackwood
Wooden things

maestro8;1144070 wrote:
Always ask before taking them.

Unless you are a thief, but even then, you need to ask yourself whether
you're showing sufficient ambitiousness.

--
tomblackwood
Forum: Unicycling November 28th 08, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

maestro8;1139027 wrote:
Hey Chuck, y'know Corbin got a Prius, and that got us to SD and back for
only about $50 in gas. We should all pile into that thing and do an
extended weekend in...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By tomblackwood
Red Menace 36 update

chuckaeronut;1138957 wrote:
And UniSk8r, though I don't know your name (my name is Chuck, btw :)),
would it be possible for me to come to Redmond some time to ride your
unicycle? I don't know...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By tomblackwood
torque wrench advice

I use 'this one'
(http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944978000P), good ol' basic
Craftsman. At $30, great insurance policy for my Stockton wheel.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By tomblackwood
Are handlebars worth it?

osmundo;1133449 wrote:
Hey, i'm the lone negative apparently. I think the no handle look is
cooler, but that's just me.

Yeah, but you're just a tiny little kid...what do you know?

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By tomblackwood
3-speed fixed (bike) hub

harper;1125508 wrote:
Our colloquial expression is, "hit the nail on the head."

I thought it was "Nail, baby, Nail"...

--
tomblackwood
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 08, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Jerrick;1110996 wrote:
I have two trips to Seattle to make first, but after that Ill try to get
down to Portland again.

When are you coming to Seattle. Perhaps we could organize a muni...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By tomblackwood
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

unijuul;1107714 wrote:
I wonder how many on the list has completed more than one 100 mile ride?

Bruce Dawson has, and I guess technically you could say Lars, Ken, and
Sam all have, since they...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By tomblackwood
Where'd everybody go?

I was busy working out a strategy for bumping all your various ride
planning threads, just to ensure that anybody in the world possibly
thinking about joining you would have up-to-the-minute...
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By tomblackwood
Nightrider Ti Is there a proper tread direction?

harper wrote:
Before discussing this any further, remove the ambiguity by adding
either "as viewed from above" or "as viewed from below."

As viewed from above, ideally at a height of two to...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By tomblackwood
New milestone: metric century

Robert Youngren, 20 September 2008, All You Can Eat Metric Century,
Huntsville Alabama. 5 hours 45 minutes.
Tom Blackwood, 18 March 2008, Quy Nhon to Tuy Hoa, Uninam Tour (plus 3
other times)

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By tomblackwood
Nightrider Ti Is there a proper tread direction?

I tried searching, but if this one has been discussed it's well-buried.
Unlike the TA and Coker tires, the Nightrider has a directional element
to its tread pattern. The cross-grooves form big X's...
Forum: Unicycling September 20th 08, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By tomblackwood
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Well out on the course this weekend in the Bike MS Tour, a small pack of
bicyclists passed me and my son Miles. They were chattering away about
whatever, but as soon as we were within earshot one of...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 48
Posted By tomblackwood
New Long Jump Record

Ducttape wrote:
not sure I remember seeing anywhere he was claiming it was a world
record... only that it was a record, not THE record just a record...
just a record for him.

There you go...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 08, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By tomblackwood
Bike MS 2008 - Cokering for Charity

Day 1 is now history. As fine a day for cokering as you could ever ask
for. At 61.5 miles, it was the fourth longest ride for me, but a new
personal best for my son Miles at more than double his...
Forum: Unicycling September 12th 08, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 48
Posted By tomblackwood
Should I quit?

So what was the verdict after all this...did you quit?

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
tomblackwood's...
Forum: Unicycling September 12th 08, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By tomblackwood
Urban Glory – Blood, Sweat & Tears

teachndad wrote:
The big question is, did you celebrate with a... Guinness?

And here I thought the big question was "Did you find any steep ramps
along the route and pull some quick verticle...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 481