Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 2.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark
Forum: Racing June 14th 12, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark
Lance again

On Thursday, 14 June 2012 02:42:56 UTC-4, atriage wrote:
On 14/06/2012 01:25, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Jun 13, 2:56 pm, wrote:
Forum: Racing February 8th 12, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark
Outlook bleak on Olympic cheats

Anti-doping chiefs say as many as one in 10 London 2012 athletes may
take drugs as funding problems affect campaign.

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/europe/2012/02/20122720512699745.html
Forum: Racing August 5th 11, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark
Don't just climb Alpe d'Huez...

On Jul 31, 2:16*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
This is a ride report for a trip my son and I took a week ago Friday in
France, on the opposite side of the valley from...
Forum: Racing July 1st 11, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 35
Posted By Mark
The Real Lance Effect

On Jun 30, 1:59*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Oakley. ...listening to how the CEO and
the rest of the executive staff of Doper Lover...
Forum: Racing May 25th 11, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By Mark
believability list

On May 25, 12:24*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"BLafferty" wrote in message

Forum: Racing May 20th 11, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark
so you want to be a pro?

On May 19, 4:35*pm, atriage wrote:
On 19/05/2011 06:32, RicodJour wrote:

SNIP

* I envy the young, and old, that can say **** reality and make it
* stick. *There's...
Forum: Racing April 6th 11, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark
Johan Bruyneel and his crazy schemes

A few years ago I spent a week cycling around New Mexico. The rides
were fantastic (especially the Sandia Crest climb and the Gila routes)
but the state appeared quite poor and I didn't detect a big...
Forum: Racing March 5th 11, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark
Too bad Jens has no opinions (or riding to back them up)

On Mar 4, 11:48*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Mar 4, 4:54*pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Mar 4, 5:06*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd...
Forum: Racing February 24th 11, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark
Hella pricing on FSA SL-K Lite cranks $69.00 !!!

On Feb 21, 10:56*am, Choppy Warburton
wrote:
On Feb 19, 4:52*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:

Forum: Racing February 7th 11, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Mark
Kimmage-Landis Interview

On Feb 6, 3:46*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 6, 2:43*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

-What is Landis going to do for the rest of his life? He...
Forum: Racing February 2nd 11, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 30
Posted By Mark
Finally found a racing result for the new resident dope fiend

On Feb 1, 5:29*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 1, 12:43*pm, Choppy Warburton
wrote:

It's common sense. *Crazed nuts can find out a lot...
Forum: Racing January 24th 11, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark
Landis Calls for Legalised Doping

On Jan 23, 12:07*pm, "Steve Freides" wrote:

Why anyone would listen to anything from a man who mounted a lengthy,
vigorous, expensive, fund-raising-assisted defense of himself...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 11, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark
Why won't Lance tell them "I am the most tested athlete inhistory" ?

On Jan 23, 11:01*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
He normally has no issue with repeating the soundbite.

Do people develop a moral sense or a conscience as they approach
40...
Forum: Racing January 11th 11, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 109
Posted By Mark
Triathlism: an incredibly unserious sport

On Jan 10, 8:55*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

Money doesn't buy happiness. *It buys freedom.

Too often - freedom to live a meaningless existence.

Is there any other kind of...
Forum: Racing December 30th 10, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 30
Posted By Mark
Fred Alert ! ---- Alexi reading RBR ?

On Dec 28, 7:26*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

The adrenaline rush from racing or other competitive
activity still works for 50 year olds. *This response was
useful...
Forum: Racing October 21st 10, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark
Max has a sister

On Oct 20, 1:01*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

Forum: Racing October 18th 10, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark
Max has a sister

On Oct 18, 2:56*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/statuses/27710013616

Anybody here a fan of the TV show "Mad Men?" Wonder what Lance...
Forum: Racing October 18th 10, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 58
Posted By Mark
Masters racing - may be a worldwide phenomenon

On Oct 16, 5:50*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
I've been traveling around Italy for the last two weeks and have only
noticed (besides one what appeared to be a pro racer) older...
Forum: Racing September 2nd 10, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By Mark
Today is 20th Anniversary of John Frey's 47:35 40K in MoriartyNew Mexico

On Sep 2, 2:00*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Sep 2, 12:06*pm, Magilla Gorilla wrote:

Anton Berlin wrote:
On Sep 2, 8:52*am,...
Forum: Racing August 26th 10, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 31
Posted By Mark
Lance Armstrong - How Can We Prevent Doping In Pro Sports?

On Aug 26, 3:55*am, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

The point of a scapegoat isn't whether the goat is
innocent or not. *It probably isn't - it doesn't take much
experience...
Forum: Racing August 23rd 10, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By Mark
YMC vs the Crusader

On Aug 21, 2:09*am, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

I don't quite agree, however, that Creed's observation is that
amoral people can have pleasant personalities. *It...
Forum: Racing August 19th 10, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By Mark
YMC vs the Crusader

On Aug 19, 12:57*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

And y'know, reading YMC's musings, I wonder if there wasn't/isn't some
of that in him as well. He makes it sound like he...
Forum: Racing August 10th 10, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By Mark
Road Racing Demographics

Old Men Using Bikes To Snag Young Chicks

"With a bike, it’s all about fitness, strength and stamina. But in
some ways a top of the range bicycle says many of the same things
about you as a sports...
Forum: Racing August 4th 10, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark
Holczer outs Leppy

On Aug 4, 2:17*pm, Sneakyfox Pepsifranke
wrote:
I don't understand why Levi, Floyd, Tyler and so many others can't
follow the simple instructions that...
Forum: Racing July 28th 10, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark
Greatest Dope Fueled Cycling Performances of all time ?

On Jul 28, 10:45*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
As a wise man once said "Cycling has gotten cleaner than Kirstie
Aleey's dinner plate' and *this year's tour - more than anything...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 79