Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: john_childs
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By john_childs
!!! Yoggi don’t work anymore for koxx one!!!

Joffrey;1171009 wrote:
what's the KOXX 32 hole hub ?
a unicycle ?
i don't understand
what's the speciallity oh these things ?

sorry for m y english
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By john_childs
New trip for Gracie? Maybe...

I wonder what kind of unicycle she will use? Parts of the trail aren't
suitable for a Coker. A 29er maybe? A geared 24 or 29er would make
more sense.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By john_childs
Too many flats... here's one solution.

harper;1169591 wrote:
I don't see how going tubeless can prevent the puncture flats discussed.
Is there something else used in the tubeless conversion to prevent
punctures? I thought that it...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By john_childs
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

harper;1167793 wrote:
If staying on the trail applies to riding skinnies our group effort at
etiquette leaves a great deal to be desired.

That rule does not apply to urban Coker rides.

--
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By john_childs
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

As Tom said, the situation varies greatly depending on the type of soil
and other local factors. There are trails in the Seattle area that are
rideable year round, even during the Seattle wet...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By john_childs
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

OneWheelLess;1152604 wrote:
I just was checking out the T.H.E. B-1 helmet. It's a pretty cool
looking helmet that seems to be a sort of blend between traditonal skate
helmets and more vented...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By john_childs
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

It reads to me like that part of the Wikipedia article is talking about
toddler and young children helmets and extrapolating that info to adult
and older children helmets. Makes no sense to make...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By john_childs
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

A question for the KH/Schlumpf 36er owners. How stiff and strong is the
wheel? The flange width of the KH/Schlumpf hub is less than what I'm
used to with an extra-wide standard hub. It took some...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By john_childs
Knee surgery from CMW

What kind of UPD did you have that caused that damage to your knee?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) ::...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By john_childs
Anybody ever used these with their HS-33???

It's only complicated when you try to explain it. Just be aware that
there are both M6 and M8 threaded holes on the brake cylinders. A new
crossover hose will need to fit either M6 and M8 threads...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By john_childs
post your homemade handlebars here!

UniKid2;1144730 wrote:
GB4, or 04 KH?

Mine? It's a GB4 frame.

--
john_childs
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By john_childs
post your homemade handlebars here!

Here's my coker handlebar: 'JC Coker Handle (revision Beta 3)'
(http://tinyurl.com/2vlqf)

The links in that thread to my gallery have changed. New link to my
gallery: 'Miscellaneous Stuff'...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By john_childs
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

I remember the Azonic Love Seat being more narrow than that. I tried it
briefly on a Creative Geckos muni 5 years or so ago. It worked better
on a muni with the lower saddle height. I can't see...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By john_childs
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

A downhill specific seat like the 'Azonic Love Seat'
(http://tinyurl.com/6a8udo) might be worth a try. The downhill style
saddles are longer and bigger than regular MTB saddles. A...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By john_childs
Losing air, but no puncture?

harper;1136774 wrote:
As for JC, although he is the -only- main man and there can be no other,
hungry4uni clearly stated that he submerged his tube in the bathtub. I'm
going to assume the tube...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By john_childs
Losing air, but no puncture?

Check that the valve itself isn't leaking. Use a valve core tool to
unscrew and remove the guts of the valve. Clean off the valve,
lubricate the gasket part of the valve with spit and screw it back...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By john_childs
The $3 Handle Experiment

gangstertaco;1134000 wrote:
whats the tube connected to the seat post with the clamp?

That's the seat tube from the old frame. It's upside down.

The boom part is the top tube from the old...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By john_childs
The $3 Handle Experiment

Very clever. Amazing how the ID and OD of the old frame tubes happened
to work out.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery'...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By john_childs
Unicycling in Playboy

zfox001;1130106 wrote:
im not fluent in german....so i have no idea what the heck was up with
that guy with the roller blade wheel all over him
but that looked pretty sweet
haha

That is...
Forum: Unicycling November 12th 08, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 65
Posted By john_childs
AUS unicyclist attempts frontflip.

sigve;1129818 wrote:
Fail..

The lack of an emoticon was obviously too subtle. :rolleyes:

--
john_childs
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 65
Posted By john_childs
AUS unicyclist attempts frontflip.

Has anybody noticed that they're all wearing Summer clothes and it's
almost Winter?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery'...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By john_childs
Stolen KH36

Bike thieves suck.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark...
Forum: Unicycling November 7th 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By john_childs
3-speed fixed (bike) hub

The 2009 Schlumpf Speed Drive has a new clutch design that can be used
with a fixie bike. I don't see info about the new designs on the
Schlumpf web site yet. There is a brief mention at...
Forum: Unicycling November 7th 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By john_childs
3-speed fixed (bike) hub

SHAY_CAM;1126037 wrote:
Its chainwheel and cog. For future reference :)

Cog and sprocket are synonymous and typically refer to the rear gear.

Chainwheel and chainring are mostly synonymous. ...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By john_childs
Now famous unicyclist

I calculated the cadence from the first few seconds of the video by
tapping out the cadence at a 'BPM calculator'
(http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm). Harper was pedaling at a cadence
of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500