Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trapper
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Trapper
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I know it's been used numerous times but when I used this one today the
delivery was perfect and the response to it was worth a million.

I was standing to the side of the trail while a group of...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Trapper
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I recently got my night riding setup and have been hitting our trails at
night. I'm using dual 7 watt LED helmet mounted flashlights that put my
friend's Nightrider Enduro HID to absolute shame. ...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Trapper
Just when I thought I was going to start riding again...

Dang Kenny. Cujo almost got you! :eek:

[image: http://www.breed77.net/images/movies/cujo.jpg]

Closest thing I have to offer up in comparison is two yorkies that
chase me on my Coker. ( I refer...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Trapper
BC crash = Dislocated shoulder

My favorite part of Uni-Accidents is explaining to the doc how it
happened...

Doc: "So tell me, how did you get this huge gash in your shin?"
Me: "I was trying to freemount my mountain unicycle and...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 06, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Trapper
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

On my regular route there is a 4 lane road that I prefer to dismount at
and walk across. About half way across a tard in a pickup shouts,
"You're supposed to be on it, not walking it!" I replied...
Forum: Unicycling December 2nd 06, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 159
Posted By Trapper
Best Photos of 2006

I have two nominees for ugly biff award.

First we have the infamous Scott Wallis. I think he saw a spider. We
heard a girlie scream and I just barely got the...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 06, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Trapper
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

A rather good looking daycare worker was tending to several yard monkeys
as I rolled passed. She enthusiastically tried to get a youngster to
check me out. "Look! Look! Over there! Isn't that...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 06, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Trapper
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

230 lb. guy + Coker + Pads + Camelbak + lots of sweat
Add in 1 40-ish lady gathering items from her car that happens to look
up and see me

= "Awwww, that's cute"

Cute? I need to re-evaluate some...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 06, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Trapper
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

There were several yard sales in my subdivision as I was out riding my
Coker over the weekend. One young girl (11-ish) was halfway into her
parents car when she shouted out "Can you juggle too?"

I...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 06, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Trapper
First coker crash

By all means wear the elbow pads! Very few things are more painful that
an elbow injury and it's so easily prevented. I always wear wrist and
elbow protection with my Coker. When it's cold out and...
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 06, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Trapper
Coker Muni

Hit up Scott Wallis. He's running a Dave Stockton wheelset on his Coker
on our local trails and isn't pussy-footing around with it either. I
don't know what cranks he's got on it though.

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 22nd 06, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Trapper
anyone uni at UIW in San Antonio texas?

You should post the time frame you'll be around to increase the odds of
hooking up. I'll be busy Coker'ing about, but I posted this thread to
our local mailing list.

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 06, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Trapper
Turning?

What worked for me was to stop trying to turn tight circles and start
out with a slow bank that eventually got me around corners. I'm
talking about riding on empty streets and eventually getting...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 06, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Trapper
beginner help!

Hi Jeff,

Well I'm sorry to say there is no definative answer for your problem.
There are many factors such as age, weight, natural abilities, whether
or not your brain is willing to cooperate, and...
Forum: Unicycling September 29th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Trapper
New Torker DX 24 for $220

Great catch Kenny :D

--
Trapper
Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

Yeah, what they said. At 9 days I was more like a stair-stepper than a
unicycler. When I finally got to the point i could do 400 feet my
quads felt completely clenched up and drained of blood and I...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 06, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Trapper
freemount problems

Here's a copy of my version: (previously posted in another thread)

(One of the many suggestions you'll get...)

I learned to freemount using a 12 inch piece of 2x4. I would lay it
down on the ground...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 06, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Trapper
6 months out - Coker frame upgrade

joemarshall wrote:
You don't need mounts for a caliper brake, which according to Roger
unicycle.com is the best brake for a coker.

Joe

I'm intrigued. How does it stay on the frame if...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 06, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Trapper
Would you buy "John Childs Hot Sauce"?

GILD wrote:
Point taken.
I wanted to say 768 000 but didn't want to scare the representative
from Vermont.

Maybe 589824?

EDIT: No, sod it, 768 will do fine, they'll just have to...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 06, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Trapper
Would you buy "John Childs Hot Sauce"?

I'm in Texas. We consider anything with a Scoville rating of less than
2,500 just plain baby formula.

In fact, a rating of 768 would be similar to what a nursing Texas
infant obtains during his...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 06, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Trapper
6 months out - Coker frame upgrade

Gosh. I posted a reply but I don't see it. Here it goes again...
:rolleyes:

Dave Stockton will pass out cold if he hears you talking like that
:eek: I can't imagine a better wheelbuild. ...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 06, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Trapper
6 months out - Coker frame upgrade

I'm thinking about upgrading my stock Coker frame in early '07. The
trouble is that I'm not sure who is still making frames and who isn't.
Is there a current list somewhere or should we just hash...
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 06, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Trapper
Night lights

nzunicyclist.dan wrote:
You can make a pretty sucsessful headlamp at home ....

I converted a maglite to a 12V DC 20 Watt Halogen for my night riding
on mountain bike.
[image:...
Forum: Unicycling September 1st 06, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Trapper
Extreme Wheelchair

Yes. It's too cool not to share here with you guys. The backflip at
the end gets mad props.

'Extreme Wheelchair'
(http://www.dailyhaha.com/_vids/extreme_wheelchair.htm)

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 27th 06, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Trapper
Camelbak - The SlipStream

It's 02:15 AM in San Antonio and our local weather folks say it's 82
degrees with a heat index that makes it feel like it's 89. I can't
wait to see what happens when the sun comes back out.

I use...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34