Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A Muzi
Forum: Techniques March 10th 09, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By A Muzi
Five Ten brand shoes for cycling??

Carl Sundquist wrote:
_THEY_SUCK_

wrote:
Well here is a guy who bought some for bike riding....
read his thoughts
scroll down to where he talks abt the...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 09, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By A Muzi
Winter

jim beam wrote:
A Muzi wrote:
It's still winter in some parts of the earth and here is a
great location:
Forum: Techniques March 10th 09, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 166
Posted By A Muzi
Why do so many people still buy road bikes with drop bars butnever ride in the dropped position?

-snip-
jwbinpdx wrote:
-snip-
IMO, it is only the poseur who gets the "wrong" bike, which is in
fact, the "right" bike for him, viz., the one he wants and asked for
specifically. If some...
Forum: Techniques March 9th 09, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 166
Posted By A Muzi
Why do so many people still buy road bikes with drop bars butnever ride in the dropped position?

On Mar 9, 6:40 am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
[...]
It's amazing and bizarre that you can use bikes in ways that few other
Forum: Techniques March 8th 09, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By A Muzi
Great Steel Ride Across the Golden Gate Today

A Muzi wrote:
Well, Fabricius knew a thing or two about getting value for the
treasury! Seems pretty well made. For the first two millennia, anyway.
The 'no wheels during daylight' rule...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 09, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By A Muzi
tall guy road bike

jim beam wrote:
SMS wrote:
Chalo wrote:

All the relevant tubes are a size up from what Merckx rode. Thicker
walled, too. And 4130 CrMo may be "low grade steel" to you, but most
Forum: Techniques March 8th 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By A Muzi
Great Steel Ride Across the Golden Gate Today

On 8 Mar, 07:42, SMS wrote:
Did I mention that I prefer steel frames?

Sergio wrote:
Lucky you!
What should we ride over bridges we still have, that the Romans...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 09, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 79
Posted By A Muzi
Tin plated wire for binding spokes

Nick L Plate wrote:
Is the bond created using tin plated steel wire and tinmans solder
more resilient than that made with zinc plated wire. For use on zinc
plated, chrome or stainless...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By A Muzi
Jobst's The Bicycle Wheel

jwbinpdx wrote:
On Mar 7, 11:04 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Forum: Techniques March 7th 09, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Nick L Plate wrote:
Is the bond created using tin plated steel wire and tinmans solder
more resilient than that made with zinc plated wire. For use on zinc
plated, chrome or stainless spokes. ...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By A Muzi
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

Tim McNamara wrote:
-much snip-
Psychology plays a role, too- for example, I have never been driven by
the need to win. When I got beaten in a sprint, for example, it didn't
really bother...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 09, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By A Muzi
Jobst's The Bicycle Wheel

wrote:
[...]
This picture of Brandt's followers explains everything:
http://tinyurl.com/v2cbg
The Arkansas Association of Bicycle...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 09, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By A Muzi
ugh grut ba spoke

datakoll wrote:
well gee whiz. Line drawings are beautiful, communicative
educational....
no problem.
but seriously and not thinned skinned abt being antiquo
can the Brandt book process...
Forum: Techniques March 6th 09, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By A Muzi
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

wrote:
Dear John,
Good heavens, more self-effacing modesty!

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Dear Cowardly Carl
I'm especially not...
Forum: Techniques March 6th 09, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By A Muzi
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
And another guy - you - doesn't offer numbers except pulled out of the
air, talks abour racing from a position of ignorance, and doesn't
understand...
Forum: Techniques March 5th 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By A Muzi
best source for info on older campy parts?

wrote:
http://thebowtrolcoloncleanse.com/1/
what are campy parts?

P. Chisholm wrote:
Forum: Techniques March 5th 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By A Muzi
Jobst's The Bicycle Wheel

Keiron wrote:
[---]

Andrew Price wrote:
However, my wheel building is still shocking! :)
Perhaps you shouldn't have sold the book then ...

Keiron wrote:
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By A Muzi
best source for info on older campy parts?

Doug smith wrote:
I'm looking for a good source on parts specs for older Campy stuff,
circa 1985. I want to rebuild the hubs and possibly replace balls, cups
and cones. I did replace the...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By A Muzi
Pass-through spokes

Barry wrote:
On last Saturday's ride I noticed someone's wheels (I don't remember the
brand) had the nipples at the hub instead of the rim. The spokes were twice
as long as normal, and went...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By A Muzi
Freshly patched tube test.

A hole in a 4-inch piece of
plastic pipe often lets me patch near the valve stem.

Barry wrote:
How do you use the plastic pipe? I can't visualize this.

"Plastic pipe"? Circumlocution...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 218
Posted By A Muzi
Inexpensive bike for both touring and off road

datakoll wrote:
On Mar 2, 9:09 pm, Nick L Plate wrote:
On 3 Mar, 01:06, SMS wrote:

Nick L Plate wrote:
On 2 Mar, 00:30,...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 09, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 218
Posted By A Muzi
Inexpensive bike for both touring and off road

A Muzi wrote:
I just pulled the top and down tubes out of a well-worn 1973 Raleigh.

Chalo wrote:
Why?
To replace then crash-crunched tubes

The inside surfaces are bare grey steel except...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 09, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By A Muzi
Wrong wrong wrong.... (ON topic)

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote: oh carl that reasoning went out of style somewhere around 1954
even in Kansas

Tom Sherman wrote:
Even in West Grain...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 09, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 77
Posted By A Muzi
Fixies?

Chalo wrote:
[...]
Fixed gearing, though, is like manual spark advance on cars-- there
were good reasons that it was superseded a long time ago, and there
are no good reasons to...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 09, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 218
Posted By A Muzi
Inexpensive bike for both touring and off road

datakoll wrote:
caveyacht ! premptore....
I dunno. I know caustic from removing rust. Not seeing the tubes
insides, assume rust and go for the complete steel treatment.
Inquiries on this...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500