Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Red Cloud
Forum: Techniques September 10th 16, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Red Cloud
What happens to bike Bell?

"Ting..ting.." Notice today bikers use less bike bell. It was used to popular in the past that bike bell sounds representing a bicycle was passing by. Why not use any more today? One of my childish...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 16, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Red Cloud
$4.99 Brand New Tire from China

Q: How long $4.99 brand new tire would last?
A: one month

Bought from 99 cents store.. Brand new 26x2.0 tire made in china. I tried and i last only one month by wear out pretty fast.
Forum: Techniques February 20th 16, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Cloud
Is Smaller Width Front Tire than Rear Tire size Efficient for Speed?

I have two tires for my bike. One is 1.75x26 and Other is 2.0x26.
DO I have more speed putting 1.75 on front and 2.0 size on rear?
since I am not a avid biker, I don't know smaller width tire on...
Forum: Techniques March 27th 15, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Cloud
How to Protect Cogs Teeth from Wearing Out?

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 3:57:08 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 5:20:01 AM UTC-4, Red Cloud wrote:
Tell me about it. Not all cogs are stainless. I guess...
Forum: Techniques March 27th 15, 10:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Cloud
How to Protect Cogs Teeth from Wearing Out?

Tell me about it. Not all cogs are stainless. I guess only solution to protect or slow down from cogs teeth corrosion is applying anti-rusting oil or there is
proper way I dunno.
Forum: Techniques March 6th 14, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Cloud
Cyclist Found Dead in Cleveland National Forest

The cyclist from Orange County, Calif could not make return home. He took the long
trip in Cleveland National Forest. His plan was start riding 6am and return
home in 5pm before the dark set in. His...
Forum: Racing October 12th 12, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Red Cloud
USADA report "proves" Armstrong used drugs

On Oct 10, 1:23*pm, "Free Willy" wrote:
"atriage" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques March 19th 10, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Red Cloud
Sneaky Environmentalist Polluting More

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZuX60O8qWk&feature=related

Anthony Marr, the Founder of the HOPE (Heal of Planet Earth) is a
sneaky liberal goon.

Ask him why can't you ride a bicycle and stop...
Forum: General November 11th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Red Cloud
Bike Rental in Paris

On Nov 11, 5:46 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
Zoot Katz writes:

On Sun, 9 Nov...
Forum: General November 11th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
What Happens to Detroit?

On Nov 11, 10:56 am, DennisTheBald wrote:
yes, detroit is often referred to as "the motor city"

but no, it is not the site of the first automobile being built.

Forum: General November 11th 08, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
What Happens to Detroit?

On Nov 10, 2:39 pm, bluezfolk wrote:
On Nov 9, 12:51 am, Red Cloud wrote:

Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
Forum: General November 11th 08, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
What Happens to Detroit?

On Nov 10, 4:36 pm, wrote:
On Nov 8, 9:51 pm, Red Cloud wrote:

Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
automobile...
Forum: General November 10th 08, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Red Cloud
Visiting Bike City in the world: Amsterdam

On Nov 9, 1:15 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
Red Cloud ...
Forum: General November 10th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Red Cloud
Bike Rental in Paris

On Nov 9, 12:27 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
Red Cloud ...
Forum: General November 9th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Red Cloud
Bike Rental in Paris

On Nov 9, 10:04 am, John Kane wrote:
On Nov 9, 2:42 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

In article...
Forum: General November 9th 08, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Red Cloud
Bike Rental in Paris

http://us.franceguide.com/article.html?NodeID=1&EditoID=88863
Forum: General November 9th 08, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
What Happens to Detroit?

Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
automobile factory began
closing and outsourcing to oversea, the population is going down. The
Detroit population
has drop to half...
Forum: Rides November 9th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 165
Posted By Red Cloud
A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 5, 11:53 am, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or...
Forum: Social Issues November 9th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 185
Posted By Red Cloud
A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 5, 11:53 am, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or...
Forum: Recumbent Biking November 9th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 187
Posted By Red Cloud
A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 5, 11:53 am, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or...
Forum: General November 9th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 189
Posted By Red Cloud
A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 5, 11:53 am, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or...
Forum: General November 9th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Red Cloud
Visiting Bike City in the world: Amsterdam

Transportation fact in Amsterdam (1995)
1. Transporter usage in Amsterdam
Bicycle: 33%
Publican transporation: 25%
Private Automobile : 42%

2. Public Demostration...
Forum: General November 4th 08, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Red Cloud
Are Bike Lanes the end of horn intimidation?

On Nov 3, 3:47 pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Originally Posted by Basil Moss

"I imagine they are cheering me on, and wave cheerfully as they pass
by."

Either that...
Forum: Social Issues November 4th 08, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Red Cloud
Are Bike Lanes the end of horn intimidation?

On Nov 3, 3:47 pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Originally Posted by Basil Moss

"I imagine they are cheering me on, and wave cheerfully as they pass
by."

Either that...
Forum: Rides November 4th 08, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling