Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Huntley
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 11, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 336
Posted By Brian Huntley
Obstructions

On Feb 20, 11:01*pm, wrote:

Oh, and thanks for the pix.
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 11, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 336
Posted By Brian Huntley
Obstructions

On Feb 20, 11:01*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:48:12 -0600, wrote:

[snip]

Ho-hum, just another trio of great blue obstructions flapping off...
Forum: Techniques February 2nd 11, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Brian Huntley
BICYCLE TOURING CAMPING RESOURCE

On Jan 31, 11:32*pm, Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

An RV (caravan for right-pondians) is NOT camping.

I totally agree, Tom. But at 140 km into a day, you sometimes have to
take what you can get. I won't...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 11, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Brian Huntley
BICYCLE TOURING CAMPING RESOURCE

On Jan 27, 9:51*pm, kolldata wrote:
THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Texas/Port_Lavaca.html

I *hate* camping in "RV Parks" almost as much...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 11, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Brian Huntley
Inch-pitch is for sissies

On Jan 13, 3:26*pm, wrote:
Carl Fogel wrote:
"One inch pitch is still the almost invariable rule, from which the
1 & 1-4 inch pitch used on the Waltham company's special...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 11, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Huntley
Olga Nethersole endorsement

On Jan 5, 10:29*pm, wrote:
The equivalent of Paris Hilton endorsing your favorite bicycle brand
in a leading bicycle magazine:
*http://i52.tinypic.com/2a96uf7.jpg

Forum: Techniques December 1st 10, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By Brian Huntley
Do you ride a steel bike on salted roads?

On Nov 29, 11:44*am, Andre Jute wrote:
Do you ride your steel bike on gritted roads? With what effects from
the salt?

Yes, though Toronto uses a lot of liquid non-sodium...
Forum: Techniques November 25th 10, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Huntley
When not busy cleaning your chain . . .

On Nov 23, 12:10*pm, wrote:
LAMP LORE.

Do These Things and Your Light Will Shine Dazzlingly

Lamp wicks should have the charred part rubbed off with a rag kept for
Forum: Techniques November 1st 10, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Brian Huntley
Bicycle speedometer and odometer

On Oct 31, 11:34*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Andy:

Speed and how far I have gone are the only necessities.

Want something to last longer than 2 weeks that the one...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 10, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian Huntley
This is the United States calling. Are we reaching...

On Oct 7, 11:41*pm, Dan O wrote:
he keeps hanging up

Oh, eat your pudding.
Forum: Techniques July 18th 10, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Brian Huntley
Good commercial rack for parkade?

On Jul 12, 4:33*pm, "Colin B." wrote:
Hey all;

Looking at recommending replacement racks to my company. They have an
underground parkade from which a number of...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 10, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Huntley
CycloCross Rear Rim For 220# Rider?

On Jun 13, 9:26*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Theoretically, I'd like tb able to run the legendary Schwalbe Big
Apples - just to try them out.

But practically, I'll probably...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 10, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Brian Huntley
MTB Front Hub Standard Flange Size: Any Such Thing?

On Jun 13, 9:10*pm, AMuzi wrote:

M525 is a fine product _if_ you give it a shot of actual
lubricant and a proper bearing adjustment before putting it
into...
Forum: General May 13th 10, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Huntley
Where can I buy rubber shims?

On May 12, 9:51*pm, SMS wrote:

You could also buy a thornproof bicycle tube and get shims thick enough
to be useful

I always thought a thornproof tube was an...
Forum: Techniques May 13th 10, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By Brian Huntley
Midnight bike mechanic

On May 12, 9:59*pm, SMS wrote:

Dealers around here use these specials to get you into the dealership to
try to sell you other services, often unnecessary ones. The...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 10, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By Brian Huntley
Midnight bike mechanic

On May 10, 10:04*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

95 minutes spent looking for a quick-link that fell into a flower-pot,
an hour wasted discovering that SKS made the split rivet too...
Forum: Techniques April 29th 10, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Huntley
1892 Spoke Failures

On Apr 27, 10:44*am, David Scheidt wrote:
Mike Elliott wrote:
wrote:

: (3) I increased the number of spokes in...
Forum: Techniques April 26th 10, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Huntley
Day-After-Day: How Many Hours On The Bike?

On Apr 25, 5:38*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
For those who go on multi-day rides: *what is your comfort level
in terms of hours per day spent on the bike for, say, a 1-week
Forum: Techniques March 25th 10, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Brian Huntley
Mt. Washington + Fixed Gear?

On Mar 25, 4:52*pm, Art Harris wrote:
Norman wrote:

A fellow I used to know on-line (it's been a while, I
didn't archive it, I don't even remember the venue)
rode...
Forum: Techniques March 15th 10, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Brian Huntley
One Reason To Have Strong Forks

On Mar 14, 5:02*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Nate Nagel considered Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:37:18
-0500 the perfect time to write:

On 03/13/2010...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 10, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Huntley
Magnet powered lights

On Mar 7, 4:05*pm, "Peter S." wrote:
On 7 Mar., 19:09, "
wrote:

There was this one guy promoting a magnet powered light...
Forum: Techniques February 16th 10, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Huntley
Get a horse!

On Feb 14, 10:25*pm, datakoll wrote:
WAS THE AROUND THE WORLD TRIP UNDERTAKEN or is it fiction ?

It was serialized in a magazine as he went, by post. I imagine the
magazine...
Forum: Techniques February 16th 10, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Brian Huntley
OT Flashing Lights just to let you know spreading the word

On Feb 15, 1:18*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Feb 14, 9:17*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:

As Socrates pointed out a few centuries ago, the trouble...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 10, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Brian Huntley
30-lb. Tidy Cats available at Target

On Feb 10, 6:34*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
If you have cats and want the Chalo Recommended™ buckets [1] with the
hinged lid to make panniers out of [2], they...
Forum: Techniques February 7th 10, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Brian Huntley
Ugly bike paint?

On Feb 5, 1:21*am, Chalo wrote:

Shelf paper looks pretty cruddy when used as frame wrap. *

Hey, my MacTac "Woody" bike used to draw compliments, for some reason.
(It was...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500