Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 2.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nigel Randell[_2_]
Forum: UK August 11th 08, 10:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
helmets and rotational acceleration

wrote:
On Aug 11, 1:41 pm, Ian Smith wrote:
The peak rotational accelerations, the order of 5 krad s-2 when the
tangential velocity component was...
Forum: UK August 11th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
helmets and rotational acceleration

Ian Smith wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug, Tom Crispin wrote:
On 11 Aug 2008 12:41:47 GMT, Ian Smith
wrote:

Two papers available online from today, which appear to...
Forum: UK August 10th 08, 12:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
tingling in the wrists

Lloydd wrote:
after about 5 weeks of cycling 6 miles to and 6 miles from work, i am
starting to suffer from tingling in my wrists. in fact, i woke up in
the middle of the night couple of nights...
Forum: UK July 17th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Commuting to work and back...

Lloydd wrote:
Just started commuting to work and back... second week of doing it
and still enjoying it... it's 6 miles there and 6 miles back...

Was hard at first but getting easier as the...
Forum: UK July 16th 08, 11:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
GPS Track Logging

TerryJ wrote:
On Jul 14, 9:32 am, "Dave" wrote:
"Nigel Randell" wrote in message

Forum: UK July 16th 08, 11:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
GPS Track Logging

Martin wrote:
Nigel Randell wrote:
Does anyone know of a PocketPC application which logs position and
altitude during a ride for download and analysis? Living and riding
on the fringe of...
Forum: UK July 13th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
GPS Track Logging

Does anyone know of a PocketPC application which logs position and altitude
during a ride for download and analysis? Living and riding on the fringe of
the Derbyshire Dales I'm particularly...
Forum: UK July 9th 08, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 777
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
killer cyclist walks away with just a fine

judith wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:23:49 +0100, Nick Kew
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:37:33 +0100
keith.hill wrote:

[noting the...
Forum: UK July 9th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 777
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
killer cyclist walks away with just a fine

Colonel Colt wrote:
"bugbear" wrote in message

* cyclist coming down road at "normal speed" for a...
Forum: UK June 24th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Safety priority

Clive George wrote:
My wife has just reported seeing a wonderfully safety-conscious
cyclist in Bradford. Helmet, hi-viz jacket, sam-browne belt, ankle
and wrist bands, riding in the cycle-lane....
Forum: UK June 24th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 182
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
And make no mistake, cyclists are criminals.

When I've visited London I've noticed that probably 50% of cyclists
ignore red lights (although they proceed cautiously through them) but
I don't think I've ever seen anyone cycling on the...
Forum: UK June 23rd 08, 10:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
bouncy saddle or seatpost , which is best

TerryJ wrote:
Just wondering whether your problems are being caused by low
frequency high amplitude "bumps" which a suspension post would
reduce, or the high frequency "buzz" from the...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 11:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

JNugent wrote:
Nigel Randell wrote:

Please treat "seriously injured" as meaning "life-threatening". I
see no difference between them.

The experts in the field would seem to disagree...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 10:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

JNugent wrote:
Nigel Randell wrote:
He was going faster than the traffic on the road, he was using the
pavement as an alternative to waiting a few moments on the road.
You're still...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
bouncy saddle or seatpost , which is best

TerryJ wrote:
I had been looking at getting a suspension post, but mention of the
brooks flyer made me wonder which is best. Any views would be
appreciated.

I weigh 15st and after ,say,...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 01:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

That is one of the reasons why I found the recent allegation by a
poster here that a driver shouted at him "I'm a ******* car" to be
totally unbelievable. When one is making things up, care...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 12:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

He was going faster than the traffic on the road, he was using the
pavement as an alternative to waiting a few moments on the road.

You're still trying to twist a situation that clearly...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 12:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

Please treat "seriously injured" as meaning "life-threatening". I see
no difference between them.

The experts in the field would seem to disagree with...
Forum: UK June 14th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Grrr. Temporary traffic lights.

Wouldn't you
just hate actually having to STOP (*gasp*) at red lights?

I think you will find that cyclists do actually have to STOP at red lights.
Unless you know different, of course.

--

Nigel
Forum: UK June 14th 08, 12:20 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Grrr. Temporary traffic lights.

I was in this position, still indicating right turn, for about 100m,
when a car roared up behind me, hand on horn. I ignored it as I was
approaching my turn. The driver then leaned out and...
Forum: UK June 6th 08, 09:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Potholed road with immaculate speed bumps

Daniel Karlea, 26, a plasterer, said: "It is a nightmare, everyone
says it. I broke a wheel on my car on the bumps two months ago and I
had to buy a new one. The road needs resurfacing...
Forum: UK June 2nd 08, 10:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Letter to moaning drivers.

Nuxx Bar wrote:
On May 31, 5:30 pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
Here was my response to a driver who wanted to march on London to
protest at greedy oil...
Forum: UK May 13th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Milestone

On 2008-05-07, Nigel Randell wrote:
This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I
know that it's small beer...
Forum: UK May 7th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Milestone

This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I know that
it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some of the AUKs and CTC
folks I ride with, but I'm pleased with it -...
Forum: UK April 26th 08, 09:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Nigel Randell[_2_]
Bang!

Tom Crispin wrote:
Does anyone have a long patch?
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/bang

Only good thing about these explosive decompressions it that there's a
reduced risk of mixing up the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54