Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Piatkow
Forum: UK September 30th 15, 02:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Piatkow
Rear facing radar by Garmin

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 9:21:44 AM UTC+1, Alycidon wrote:
First radar system for bikes that warns of vehicles approaching from behind up to 140 meters.

Forum: UK April 2nd 15, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 251
Posted By Piatkow
Unlit cyclist attacks motorist with bicycle

Give it an hour or two and one of the usual suspects will be asserting
that this was an entirely reasonable thing for the cyclist to do.

The injury would have been worse if a a car had been...
Forum: UK December 22nd 14, 12:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By Piatkow
Not to blame !!!

I just checked the one that I was thinking of on Streetview, in the corner of the junction there is a faint trace of a give way line, the rest is either worn away or not repainted when potholes were...
Forum: UK December 20th 14, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By Piatkow
Not to blame !!!

You may be thinking of the USA's "four way stops", but even there, there
is a legally-provided pecking order of priority.

I can think of a handful of junctions in the UK with no priority marked...
Forum: UK December 17th 14, 09:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Piatkow
Bizarre, cyclist has plenty of time to stop, yet ploughs on,compo claim here I come.

I could see very clearly that he was distracted
by something and not looking ahead through the windscreen.

So presumably doing what we are told motorists are supposed to do - watch the wing...
Forum: UK December 16th 14, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By Piatkow
Not to blame !!!

On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:44:00 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
How can this be? The cyclist was riding over a pedestrian crossing
(first fault) and looked the wrong way (second fault)

How...
Forum: UK December 10th 14, 05:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Piatkow
Bizarre, cyclist has plenty of time to stop, yet ploughs on,compo claim here I come.

I agree that the cyclist seemed to make no attempt to avoid collision or to slow down on seeing the obstruction. There were about three to four seconds when it was obvious that he would have to do...
Forum: UK December 4th 14, 10:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Piatkow
Derbyshire Police - Cyclists have a right to claim the lane

Smart cars will not be able to anticipate the stupid things that
cyclists do.

The little computer in the car will overheat and it will just stop until the cyclists go away. Similarly when...
Forum: UK November 26th 14, 05:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 68
Posted By Piatkow
A few replies to Uncle Peter

Yes, having seen his posts in uk.rec.driving I have always thought that he sounded like a cyclist who had accidentally got into a car.
Forum: UK November 21st 14, 02:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Piatkow
This makes a change

On Friday, November 21, 2014 1:32:03 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
Woman motorist pushes argumentative cyclist into a hedge.

Forum: UK October 7th 14, 09:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Piatkow
Cyclist trying to ride on the pavement goes over handle bars.

The cyclist looked European, the street scene looks European, the female reporter's long hair isn't covered. Definitely not an Arab city.

I would guess London although I can't think of a street...
Forum: UK September 2nd 14, 11:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Piatkow
Speeding cyclist in 'No Cycling' area mows down toddler

But any cyclist will tell you that its all OK because the injuries would have been worse if he had been hit by a car!

By the way the toe rag on the bike couldn't have been speeding because speed...
Forum: UK August 9th 14, 12:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Piatkow
Cycling Perspectives (2 of 9) A train, bus or Tube commuter

Around 2 per cent of journeys in Britain are currently made by bike,
leaping to more than 50 per cent in parts of Central London at rush hour

50% of journeys?

The new Cycle Superhighway to...
Forum: UK August 7th 14, 02:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Piatkow
Are racing bikes involved in the most deaths?

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 9:26:39 AM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
Forum: UK July 24th 14, 06:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Piatkow
Always cover the brakes when negotiating junctions and hazards

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:32:24 PM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cyclist-gets-hit-car-survives-3901501

I would say 90% driver 10% cyclist

Assuming the cyclist...
Forum: UK April 2nd 14, 02:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Piatkow
Royal Company?

My understanding is that they can keep the name as-is but they can't keep the word "Royal" if they change the name.
Forum: UK April 1st 14, 10:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Piatkow
Aussie cyclists come under same restrictions as Hell's Angels

Before you get too excited have a look at the date of the article.
Forum: UK February 27th 14, 05:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Piatkow
Now I know!

Where does it say he was claiming on *his* insurance?

Hint - it was his wife's car.

If he was convered buy his wife's insurance then he wasn't uninsured. My comment stands.
Forum: UK February 25th 14, 04:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Piatkow
Now I know!

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:19:17 PM UTC, Ford wrote:
Now I know why motorists are so obsessed with insurance. It is so that

they can claim for the damage to their cars when they kill...
Forum: UK October 25th 13, 12:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Piatkow
Cyclist tfails to overtake truck at a junction

Idiot truck driver moved opposite to his indication, by the look of
it.

Take a look at the mechanics of turning long vehicles some time.

It may or may not have been the driver's fault but I...
Forum: UK October 18th 13, 12:20 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 418
Posted By Piatkow
Cyclists stop at red light

If you do not have the skills to drive safely down the road, perhaps
you shouldn't drive down the road.

I can think of roads where there is insufficient room available for a car and a van to...
Forum: UK October 10th 13, 07:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Piatkow
Cyclist fails to give way and comes off worst.

Considering how often I have had to dodge cyclists on pedestrian crossings it is always tempting to blame bad behaviour by the cyclist. However I have also observed cyclists forced off marked cycle...
Forum: UK October 9th 13, 06:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Piatkow
Cyclist takes out cyclist at trial 'safety' traffic lights

But you have heard about it - from me, from Mr Robertson, from two
separate articles in the Economist, and from a German reporter who
crosses an uncontrolled junction.

Increased risk? -...
Forum: UK October 3rd 13, 05:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Piatkow
Obstructing cyclists get lippy and get knocked off

On Thursday, 3 October 2013 15:11:47 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/10711045.Car_driver_hit_cyclist_and_drove_off/

Of course the fact that the cyclist leant through the...
Forum: UK September 26th 13, 11:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Piatkow
Cyclist fined for speeding in Richmond Park

So there has been so such offence as speeding for bicycles in the
Royal Parks since 6th April 2010.

Could you post the link that explicitly states that he was charged with "speeding"? It has...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46