Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 1.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Neil Graham
Forum: UK February 4th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Neil Graham
Do I report him?

Two choices really. Neither of them is do nothing. Report him and persue it
as far as you can or find out where he lives and take action yourself (more
realistic in cities where most car drivers...
Forum: Techniques February 4th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Neil Graham
Octalink BB: Dura-Ace 7700 or Ultegra 6500

Fitted an Italian thread 7700 to my Colnago. Never did get the useless piece
of garbage to stay adjusted. Upgraded to 6500. No problems since......
Neil

"RS" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques January 12th 07, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Neil Graham
CVT hub gear

Interesting!
http://www.atcnuvinci.com/products_bicycle.php
3.2kg just for the hub tho'
Review at http://www.atcnuvinci.com/products_bicycle.php
Forum: UK January 12th 07, 07:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Neil Graham
Cycling illumination idea (Cheap).

Good tip with the helmet lights and dynamo lamp but really think you'll have
to rethink the helmet wind power jobbie. I have a feeling that the
resistance of the fan would cause some serious neck...
Forum: Techniques January 10th 07, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Neil Graham
old Trek 930 question

"philcycles" wrote in message

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
Been looking for a True Temper OX Trek 930 MTB for...
Forum: Techniques January 10th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Neil Graham
old Trek 930 question

Yup,
got a '96 Trek 7000 that I bought new and had 'System' bits that as far as I
know were Trek in-house.
Lasted well - still got the front wheel in the shed but every single
component except the...
Forum: Techniques January 7th 07, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Neil Graham
YAK trailers

I think I've seen a review of this trailer in Velovision magazine which I'd also recommend anyway as a good source of information on trailers.

Neil

"Jeremy Watts" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Neil Graham
YAK trailers

Got one. Passed on to me by a workmate who toured Australia on it without
problem. I rebuilt the hub and took it across France last year (800 miles
ish) with a heavy load without problem. Doing...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Neil Graham
Front mech cable routing on Colnago steel frame

Yes, cable runs inside between brade and bb shell. I wondered if there was
any difference in the design of the older front mechs that it would have
originally been fitted with and if I could get...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 07, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Neil Graham
Front mech cable routing on Colnago steel frame

Hi all and a happy new year
I run a couple of Colnago steel framed road bikes. Recently set up the Super
Piu with 9sp Dura-ace and found that the front mech wasn't shifting properly
as the cable...
Forum: Techniques December 20th 06, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Neil Graham
Opinions re Selle Italia XO Genuine Gel Seat

Hi

I've got XOs on two road bikes and a triathlon bike. Haven't found a saddle
I like better yet (though to be fair, I haven't tried too hard as the XO's
are great) I'm 6ft and 13st if that makes...
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 06, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Neil Graham
tire pressure for slippery pavement

Apply a little body english????? Could I get a translation please? Does one
carry a little pot of it about and apply carefully before cornering?. Is it
for external use only in which case can it...
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 06, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Neil Graham
Noodling Around

Bob's yer uncle - used to hear it a lot around London as a kid (60's).
Someone at work came out with 'Robert's is your mother's brother old boy'
recently.........
Don't suppose that helps in any...
Forum: UK December 1st 06, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Neil Graham
Giant Evil Bike-Eating Mice!

Hmmm

that's nothing! On a recent cycling trip to Amsterdam, these two lay in wait
for me outside my room. I believe the Dutch quakka may be involved in a
secret pan-continental anti-cyclist...
Forum: Techniques December 1st 06, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Neil Graham
Giant Evil Bike-Eating Mice!

Hmmm

that's nothing! On a recent cycling trip to Amsterdam, these two lay in wait
for me outside my room. I believe the Dutch quakka may be involved in a
secret pan-continental anti-cyclist...
Forum: Techniques November 29th 06, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Neil Graham
Brake chatter and integrated HS

Yup, had the same problem with a Cane Creek integrated HS and I'd assembled
that in the wrong order......
Still think that they're inherently a flawed design but keep one frame with
this system as...
Forum: Techniques November 27th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Neil Graham
STI 10 speed upgrade questions

Any left shifter will work fine, doesn't have to be 8sp. I found a new left
hand RX100 shifter on Ebay for £25.......Cranks will be fine. I run a mix of
7, 8, 9sp, Shimano bits without any...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 06, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Neil Graham
Shimano/Campag Crank Compatability

Hi Axeman
I've got a couple of lightly used Italian thread Octalink BBs in the loft
and will send one out FOC if you give me an address if that helps.
Also, I run a couple of older Colnago steel...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 06, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Neil Graham
Six-speed cassette for Suntour shifters

Hi
check out http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/category-Cassettes-6-speed-70.htm for
6sp cassettes.
Neil

"Anthony DeLorenzo" wrote in message...
Forum: Techniques September 17th 06, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Neil Graham
2 Q's on Dura ace 7700

Yup, just finally got fed up of trying to set up the DA BB and replaced it
with an Ultegra myself. Much less hassle and just as smooth....

wrote in message...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Neil Graham
Cow Psychology

Got a bit of a theory on this meself (and have tested it successfully more
than once)
Ahem
Some years ago was working clearing trees from powerlines in the lovely
Norfolk countryside. We needed to...
Forum: Techniques September 3rd 06, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Neil Graham
Posting a bike ( In the UK )

I've posted a few without problem - strip them down as much as possible, pad
everything and try to think about things like not stressing cables and
padding rub points. Use a heavy duty box and...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22