Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 1.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Doug Smith
Forum: Racing July 5th 10, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Doug Smith
Could Landis be telling the truth?

On 7/5/2010 2:55 PM, Fred Gringioni wrote:

"Doug wrote in message
:
: Some actions he's taken, when considered as singular...
Forum: Racing July 5th 10, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Doug Smith
Could Landis be telling the truth?

On 7/3/2010 7:33 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:
In the WSJ article he admits using the T-patches and I think it's
doubtful that if you're using them from time to time that you wouldn't
use them if you...
Forum: Techniques May 27th 10, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Doug Smith
80's Campy Super Record dust cap issue

One of the dust caps on my rear hub doesn't fit that great into the hub
anymore. The dust cap can be removed and replaced quite easily with
little force, and it can sit recessed a bit, by maybe...
Forum: Techniques June 20th 09, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Doug Smith
changing the fork/headset on Trek oclv?

AMuzi wrote:
Doug smith wrote:
I have a 1998/99 trek oclv 5200, it has a 1" threaded steerer.

Can I install a new threadless fork? I assume all I would have to do
is install a 1"...
Forum: Techniques June 19th 09, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Doug Smith
changing the fork/headset on Trek oclv?

I have a 1998/99 trek oclv 5200, it has a 1" threaded steerer.

Can I install a new threadless fork? I assume all I would have to do is
install a 1" threadless headset along with it? Are there...
Forum: Racing March 16th 09, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 54
Posted By Doug Smith
food for long training rides

Suppose it was 1965 and I was going out for a long training ride. What
are some typical snacks/food I would pack with me? ie what are some
good non-processed food energy snacks. I guess there...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Doug Smith
best source for info on older campy parts?

Hi,
I'm looking for a good source on parts specs for older Campy stuff,
circa 1985. I want to rebuild the hubs and possibly replace balls, cups
and cones. I did replace the cups once years ago...
Forum: Racing February 26th 09, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 25
Posted By Doug Smith
Forbidden performance enhancing substances

--D-y wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:49 pm, "Mike" wrote:
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in ...

"Mike" ...
Forum: Racing February 12th 09, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 86
Posted By Doug Smith
A broken man

Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Feb 12, 1:57 am, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Feb 11, 4:12 pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Feb 10, 7:21 pm, Susan Walker...
Forum: Racing February 6th 09, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 153
Posted By Doug Smith
Training for a hilly race

Robert Chung wrote:
Susan Walker wrote:
Doug smith wrote:
What kind of dieting did you do? Serious count every calorie, some
theory type diet like Paleo or Atkins, or more generic cut...
Forum: Racing February 5th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 153
Posted By Doug Smith
Training for a hilly race

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:56 am, Bret wrote:
On Feb 5, 7:51 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:

once you're 5 yrs in, your prospects of getting...
Forum: Racing December 5th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 286
Posted By Doug Smith
Training or Plain Riding?

Tom Kunich wrote:
In a race you need the latest equipment. Campy or Shimano top of the
line stuff, carbon fiber bikes, saddles without padding etc.

The problem is that people who don't race...
Forum: Racing December 3rd 08, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 174
Posted By Doug Smith
The thinking behind Bruce's prop

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Dec 3, 9:37 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:03:48 -0500, MagillaGorilla
Forum: Racing December 2nd 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 166
Posted By Doug Smith
Who Has Gone the Distance?

I'm 106.

No, you're right. I did have an inhaler. The inhaler would burst a
capsule and I would inhale a bunch of powder. I can honestly say that I
don't think it helped me much, if at all. I...
Forum: Racing December 1st 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 166
Posted By Doug Smith
Who Has Gone the Distance?

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Is there anybody in here who has actually gone the distance...
Forum: Racing November 1st 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Doug Smith
cyclingforums question

Anyone know of a contact person for cyclingforums.com? I've tried to
register a couple of times, but still I'm unable to post.

thx
Forum: Racing October 16th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 134
Posted By Doug Smith
Kohl fesses up, omerta in full swing...

wrote:
On Oct 16, 10:59 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Oct 15, 9:45 pm, wrote:

After reading statements such as:
Forum: Racing July 8th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Doug Smith
Vaughters Slip of the tongue?

jmk wrote:
Did I just hear Vaughters drop the F-Bomb on live TV? "...****, man..."
was the exact quote, I think. It was a tense moment to be sure and I
like the guy. Still, it will probably...
Forum: Racing August 18th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 56
Posted By Doug Smith
oh oh , did Horner just call out USPS/Disco for doping?

Bill C wrote:
On Aug 16, 11:58 pm, Doug Smith wrote:
Bill C wrote:
On Aug 16, 7:09 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Bill C wrote:
Forum: Racing August 17th 07, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 56
Posted By Doug Smith
oh oh , did Horner just call out USPS/Disco for doping?

Bill C wrote:
On Aug 16, 7:09 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Bill C wrote:
I think there's a good possibility that you are a wife beating scum
based on...
Forum: Racing July 24th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 51
Posted By Doug Smith
Tell us it ain't so !

That was my initial reaction, but I read it again and think that it is a
bit of context. The way I read it now is that Millar is saying that
everyone thought Vino was class-act, etc... Now that...
Forum: Racing June 29th 07, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 113
Posted By Doug Smith
Giro 2007 doping ? Not enough testosterone for Di Luca, etc...

Bill C wrote in news:1182961613.483199.221020
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Exactly Bob
The failure of the system, and the leaders integrity, is a much more
Forum: Racing November 18th 06, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 53
Posted By Doug Smith
Pound = Rumsfeld

Okay, so you don't like Pound. I'm sure Dick has some regard for human
life, unlike Don "A day without war is a day without sunshine" Rumsfeld.

But anyways....
I don't follow this topic as much as...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23