Old October 3rd 04, 12:29 AM

Dan Hertlein writes:

I've been doing this for years. Recently both of my Ksyrium SL rim's
have cracked after a couple of years use. I've always assumed
hanging my bikes from ceiling was OK. Both my bikes are sub 20 lbs.

What do you think?

That's not what causes the cracks. As you noticed, you've been doing
this for years, but you haven't been riding KYr.. Kzry.. I mean
sieroum, oh what the hell, the new fangled anodized wheels for a long
time.

There are two things wrong with this picture. One, that the new
fangled wheels are unreliable, and that you are deterred from hanging
your bicycle by its wheels as most bicycles are in Europe, on buses,
trains, bicycle racks and at home.

Are we making progress yet?

Jobst Brandt