Old August 24th 18, 11:22 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Incubus

Default 'Death by dangerous cycling' law considered

On 2018-08-21, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/08/18 12:22, Incubus wrote:

In actual fact, some pedestrians do walk out in front of cars and
they are very foolish to do so. Yet what has this to do with the
consideration of a law on death by dangerous cycling?

Mistakes apart, they don't as a general rule.

And what has this to do with the consideration of a law concerning death by
dangerous cycling?

I told you a long time ago.

Then I am sure you will happily oblige in quoting the opinion you gave.

Sigh. Because they do in front of cyclists.

Once mo what has that to do with causing death by dangerous cycling? There
is no law under consideration for failing to stop for a pedestrian on a road or
cycle path, nor any law giving right of way to pedestrians on the road or cycle
path, nor any law transferring the entirety of the responsibilty for pedestrian
safety to cyclists. It would be a law concerning dangerous cycling, which so
far as I am aware is not intended to include as the mens rea failing to swerve
or brake at the last moment before impact.

By coincidence, today, I came across a sign on a shared path. It said
"Pedestrians - do not take up the full width".

Some pedestrians are selfish. Does that absolve any cyclist who rides at speed
without functioning brakes or collides with a pedestrian when the pedestrian
has right or way or is walking on a footpath?