Old November 1st 18, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Please be considerate of oncoming cyclists at night

I'm a bike commuter in the Seattle area. Its dark when I leave work for home. Fortunately, I ride almost the entire 15 miles on paved bike and pedestrian trails.

This week I nearly mowed down two pedestrians walking in my direction because I was blinded by an oncoming cyclist who wouldn't cover his light. Either he didn't care that he was blinding me, or he was oblivious.

Either way, I covered my light, as I always do, and I was blinded by his light. I saw the walkers at the last second and swerved off the paved trail onto the grass.

So, this posting is in the way of a plea to those riding at night. Please cover your light when you see an oncoming cyclist.

arnie