Old April 29th 19, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Belt drive

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 19:42:11 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 15:15:48 -0700, John B.
wrote:

Good Lord! You say that you are riding a bicycle, not on some sort of
odyssey where one needs to carry provisions. Just eat, than ride, than
eat when you get home again. I used to do 4 to 6 hour rides without
stopping for lunch. You obviously can't do this on tea and toast but a
good breakfast should see you through to lunch. Or at least it used to
back in the day when farmers actually worked all day :-)

I have to be fed every four hours. It was worse when I weighed a
hundred and twenty on a frame that now carries a hundred and sixty
pounds and a lot less muscle -- I had to keep a hard candy in my mouth
most of the time that I was riding, or I'd feel like a puppet with cut
strings when I got off the bike at home.

Really? I ask as my wife (75 years, 5'4", ~65 kg.) eats two meals a
day and seems to get along pretty well. But she is a Buddhist and one
of the Buddhists beliefs is that gluttony is a sin :-)

--
cheers,

John B.