Old July 10th 03, 07:41 AM
heater

Default Winter Riding

Brrr...

When I was in school, I rode my bike in the winter. First two years I
had a road bike with cyclo-cross tires and then a mountain bike for the
last two. Mostly the roads were plowed so the road bike was ok but it
was more fun on the mtn bike since I could take the unplowed paths and
have some fun in the snow.

I still rode on the coldest days (maybe -25 + windchill) because it
was colder but faster than walking. Not sure how long your commute
will be but make sure to wear lots of layers (which you probably
already know, being in Winnipeg but it is colder once you get on a
bike and start moving).

Also, I would imagine that any school would have lots of bike racks but
I hear that lots of bikes get stolen from them too.