Old July 10th 03, 10:26 PM
Bran

Default Winter Riding

"Jeff" spake thusly on or about Thu, 10
Jul 2003 02:02:02 UTC

- I'm seeking advice on riding in winter (with snow, ice, etc). I'm planning
- on heading back to school in the fall (18 years after getting my BCSc) and,
- money being tight, the daily commute will be bus or bike. I've yet to
- ascertain whether there is a bike lockup at the relevant campus.
-

well I have ridden the past two winters just west of you in Saskatoon. if
you live in this country you know how to stay warm trick is staying dry
while being warm. I am considering studed tyres this winter but my
superheat tyres handle everything but glare ice pretty well.

I had one fellow whip past me on a touring bike this past winter but I
prefer a mountain bike. the ice bike and edmonton links have been offered
up and they do cover most of what you need. I rode down to -38 this past
winter with no ill effects other than having a 12 month season and no
issues getting reaquanted to the saddle in the spring.

--
I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head
start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?