Old August 2nd 03, 02:05 PM
Fred

Default Buying bikes on Ebay

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
.com...
If you're not buying your first road bike, and have the fit all figured

out,
eBay could be a decent way to snag a bike. However, I've seen a lot of
bikes on eBay go for a lot more than they're worth, including at least one
bike from a good customer of ours that had been pretty much ridden into

the
ground and yet fetched quite a bit of money.

Fit is key. If you can find a good shop that pays a lot of attention to
getting you properly fit, that may very well be a worthwhile expense, and
something you should factor into the price. You also have the benefit of

local place that maintains a sense of ownership in your bike, in the event
that something isn't quite right. But if you've already had road bikes,
know what fits you and have no issues working on your own bike, then you
just may find that perfect bike out there being discarded by someone who
didn't really have the bike bug.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

I disagree that prices on Ebay are high. At the moment they are quite low.
I do agree that it makes sense to buy a first bike, at least, from a dealer
who can fit you and match the equipment to your needs. If you know what you
need and what fits then there are some incredible bargains on Ebay.

Fred
Knife Outlet
http://www.knifeoutlet.com