Old August 2nd 03, 02:54 PM
Robin

Default Buying bikes on Ebay

Jeff Sutton wrote:
I'm in the market for a road bike, but I don't really want to spring
for the full-price, shop-floor model. I never buy a new car, and for
the same reasons don't really want to buy a new bike.

What are the ups and downs of buying a bike on EBAY? Things that
worry me:

- Are they overpriced? I hate to get caught up in a bidding
competition.

- Do you worry about perhaps buying a stolen bike?

- I always figured the really good deals would be bought up by locals
who could actually examine the bike.

- My main problem with EBAY is a variation of Groucho's complaint:
"If I win the bid, it's probably not a good deal"

- On the other hand, I've seen some great bikes go for relatively low
prices.

Any comments? Experiences of those who purchased a bike on EBAY?

Thanks!

Try looking for discounts on last years models etc. That way you can get a
good bike and be fitted.

Robin