Old December 31st 19, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Training for Power

On 12/31/2019 6:13 AM, wrote:
Tom should ask himself what 'training for power' means to him as a 75 year old. If he means training with varying power blocks he needs a goal, a trainings plan and a power meter to know what he is doing. Him mentioning that he already sees an effect after 1 or 2 rides based on average speed make me suspicious. I hope that when I am at that age I'm satisfied by just riding the best I can without worrying that it gets downhill with age. I think Tom has a hard time to accept that.

I agree with all that, especially the part about riding the best I can.

To expand on that a bit: Not only is aging inevitable, but for many
people, life complications seem to be increasingly inevitable as one
ages. For any number of reasons it can become much harder to do long
rides, intense rides, or even to ride as regularly as you once did.

I think it's important to find a way to both keep moving, and to be
reasonably content with moving not as briskly as before.

Happy new year to you all.

And to you, Lou.

--
- Frank Krygowski