Old August 22nd 11, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Bib short recommendations

On Aug 11, 12:03*pm, RicodJour wrote:
I'm on my way to Paragon sports to pick up some bib shorts - I had a
laundry incident.

Fit is such a personal thing that I won't ask about that, but I'd like
to know people's opinions on what bib shorts of the current crop are
the most durable. *I'm reading all sorts of stuff about stitching
letting loose on higher end bib shorts and don't want to join that
club.

Louis Garneau sponsors my bike club, and I have never had the
stitching go on a set of my team shorts in 8 years. I retire them once
the bum (black shorts) gets translucent, or after crash-damage. The
nicest thing I can say is I spend very little time thinking about my
bike shorts, which is as it should be.

I'm pretty mean to my kit, too: throw 'em in the laundry, no special
handling, and I throw them in the dryer every so often (not every
time).