Old December 10th 03, 02:59 PM
Gary Mc

Default Recumbent trike advice for newbie

"kak61" wrote in message ...
I ride my road bicycle about 100 miles a week. I am seriously considering
getting a used, single-rider recumbent trike. Any advice or comments for a
brand new newbie rider would be much appreciated.

I plan to use it for short errands and Sunday rides of about 50 miles on
quite hilly roads. I am 43, 5'7", 160 lbs.

You might check out tons of comments on the trike list achives and the
trike board on Bent Rider on Line.

http://www.bentrideronline.com/

I have a Greenspeed with the Dual Drive that I find quite useful on
hills. Alas, the falling $ rate are driving up the price of new
Greenspeeds and probably used as well.

http://www.greenspeed.com.au/

A few American trikes that are hot right now are Hell Bent
Trikes,Catrike and WizWheelz Terra Trike. For me Catrike and Terra
TRike are lacking in low enough gearing for very hilly rides but you
might have more strength than myself. (58, 5'5", 165lbs). Terra Trike
probably has the largest used market. Hellbent trikes look really
interesting, but I doubt if there is much out there used.

http://www.wizwheelz.com/