Old May 29th 20, 09:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Eric Pozharski

Default Fun with exponents

with John B wrote:
On Thu, 28 May 2020 16:44:29 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 5/28/2020 3:37 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/28/2020 11:37 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/28/2020 10:21 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/27/2020 9:38 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/27/2020 4:36 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/27/2020 2:36 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/27/2020 1:43 PM, wrote:

*SKIP*
It's interesting to me that I hear only about an American fringe
contingent skeptics; and that they tend to spout rationales plucked
from American right-wing media. Maybe our posters from other countries
can comment on any "resistance" groups in their countries?

Well, grouping (maybe "clustering" is better term) is what I observe for
couple of years now. It's more organized though (if I may) -- one
leader, maybe couple sub-leaders (I'm quite ignorant though, sorry --
not involved), and group of peons (or simpletons, if I may). Together
they form an echo chamber and happily re-enforce themseves. Occasionaly
peons attempt recruitment -- get either 'yeah-totally' (in fact
'yeah-whatever', but peons ignore that subtle difference) and with time
(and no effort) gather new-comers; or 'STFU-thats-not-how-it-works'
(that would be me, but I'm doing my bloody-cyclist thing here) and learn
not to try again. Leaders and sub-leaders are more time consuming --
they are obliged to work and have no option to stop.

80% lockdown (relaxing is in progress), what was and wasn't lockdowned
is complicated (not going TL;DR here) -- all education, daycare,
whatever gatherings, 95% of local public transport, all inter-city
transport; restrictions on various forms of consumer goods'
dispenseries were complicated. Easter was both hilarious and showing,
to say the least. Construction is OK but without public transport it's
strange. Central government utterly incompetent (and full of peons).
Local government -- more responsible (because people are here) and
utterly incapable (because full of peons, corruption, and central
government). It's complicated.

In essence, people just made it throught all by themselves. And now The
Lockdown is going, The Grand Opening is coming, central government is...
blah-blah-blah. It's fascinating.

*SKIP*
As an aside, color coordinated face masks are now quite the rage among
the fairer sex :-) I bought my wife several but she complained that
they didn't match her dresses :-( -- cheers,

Just now did people-watching -- totaly a thing here too.