Old May 29th 20, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Fun with exponents

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 4:17:13 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 2:32:39 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 12:36:46 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/27/2020 1:43 PM, wrote:

Only someone in a financially secure position could ignore the pain and suffering of people whose source of income has been cut off...

Only a person who has no friend or family infected or seriously at risk
could ignore the pain and suffering of those with COVID.

... for no reasons whatsoever.

That's the view of a person with zero qualifications, despite strong
disagreement from qualified experts in every country worldwide.

On a clear day you couldn't see beyond you nose.

Before ANY of the shouting is done, the CDC has already reduced the numbers of covid-19 deaths by 25%. This isn't going to stop here since other CDC studies show that the chances of someone that has covid-19 AND SYNPTOMS (only 25% of those with the disease) have a 0.05% chance of dying. It is a pity that you mind doesn't work anymore. All you have left is bitter hatred for those that point it out.

It's a pity that you don't understand disease prevention versus post hoc death statistics. Restrictions were imposed to prevent the spread of a disease with bad track record. Remember Wuhan, burial pits in Iran, Italy?

The only way you could say that the restrictions were unnecessary is: (1) define an acceptable number of sick and/or dead, and (2) know in advance the number of sick and/or dead if no restrictions were imposed, and then compare the two numbers. If we know that 250,000 will die if no restrictions are imposed, and we're O.K. with that number, then the restrictions are/were unnecessary. If we think 250,000 is too many (or whatever the best projection showed), then we impose restrictions, and try to tailor them to do the most good and least harm.

You can't impose restrictions and then claim that they were unnecessary because they worked.

-- Jay Beattie.

The real pity is that you are in total agreement that the government in the hands of the CDC's visual arm at the covid-19 briefings should pass out patently false information. I have shown you that there are no more deaths than last year at this time and you pretend that there is this killer virus on the loose that requires the destruction of the American economy to protect ourselves from. I have explained that masks and social distancing are useless inside of a building such as a grocery store which most normal people need attend and that outside it is unnecessary but you cannot understand that since you are like a trained seal and bow to authority despite their changing their stories 180 degrees over and over. That you are a fool of needs doesn't make everyone else one.