Old July 16th 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]

Default Go Fabio Go

Theodore Heise a écrit profondement:

| On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
|
| | Hear! Hear!
|
| It works well that BSD?
|
| I thought I might give it a try

| Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

Hi there Theo

It's around 50 years since I lived anywhere the English language
was used with any degree of universality and so I don't keep up
with regular anglophonic catchphrases and jargon. Ergo "whooshed"
eluded me until I looked it up!

And for that I apologize.

However, what I could infer from your posting headers was that you
were using a UNIX/BSD/LINUX/POSIX type operating system, and most
probably one of the BSD flavours.

And I was simply attempting to elicit some feedback on your
satisfaction with the operating system distribution you were
using.

I am currently using GNU-Linux -- the 14.2 64bit
Slackware Distribution -- and there are more than a few things
that annoy me about it (mostly the change to 64 bit) and the
inability of the latest Opera browser to handle all web traffic,
forcing me to use a combination of Firefox, Mozilla and Seamonkey
to perform certain tasks. (I hate KDE with a passion, but the
latest Opera version I tried had neither "Notes" nor "Speed Dial"
and so it was dumped forthwith,)

So I was thinking I might go back to 32 bit, or try another
distribution.

And so I was looking for your comments on NetBSD

Nothing heavy

--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg