Old March 30th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Has anybody else tried a recumbent?

Lou Holtman wrote:
"oilfreeandhappy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I test rode a recumbent the other day, and I loved it. I'm hoping to
make it my next toy. Is there anybody out there who has test-ridden
one of these, and actually not liked it?
Jim Gagnepain
http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

Yes I have and it sucked. Your position is to static, dangerous in (heavy)
urban traffic, uphill is a PIA...and you look like a dork ;-)

Lou

The opinion about looking like a dork is just that an opinion, many
non-bikees' look at all cyclist as dorks. Climbing isn't that bad, urban
traffic can be learned.

Ken
--
A bicycle does get you there and more.... And there is always the thin
edge of danger to keep you alert and comfortably apprehensive. Dogs

Homepage: http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/