Old March 30th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Has anybody else tried a recumbent?

oilfreeandhappy wrote:
I test rode a recumbent the other day, and I loved it. I'm hoping to
make it my next toy. Is there anybody out there who has test-ridden
one of these, and actually not liked it?
Jim Gagnepain
http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

I have ridden 'bents and did not particularly like any of them. They
didn't do anything that my upright didn't do. Solved no problem,
answered no question I had. They did add things to the mix I didn't
like. Tough to see from(particularly behind), tough to be seen on(low),
unique tires, poor climber, tough to ride one handed, no ability to
keep anything in a jersey pocket and actually get at it, heavy,
complicated.

I am sure this will launch a huge thread from those who are religious
about them, I'm out after this post. I think they are great for
somebody that has a physical reason that makes an upright unusable, but
for the rest of riders, an answer to a not asked question.