Old December 2nd 08, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

Default Police pick on cyclist

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008, JNugent wrote:
Ian Smith wrote:
On Mon, 01 Dec 2008, JNugent wrote:

He was under an obligation to give his name and address - if
requested - under road traffic legislation.

Which clause of what road traffic legislation?

"Clause"?
Acts don't have clauses; they have sections.

I take that as an admission that actually no road traffic legislation
requires it. That, in fact, your assertion was wrong.

Acts have clauses, whether they are titled "clause" or not. Clause is
a perfectly good general-purpose noun. My Oxford dictionary has
clause as being "a particular and separate article, stipulation, or
proviso, in any formal or legal document." I think you'd be on safer
ground making spelling flames, if that's the best you can do on
meaning.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig