Old June 29th 05, 09:34 PM
vernon

Default Nutrition for long distance rides e.g. LEJOG

My friend and I did well on lucozade or powerade and he on soreen malt
loaf (presliced recommended) and me on mars bars.

Malt loaves...mmmmm....

Used to slice them longitudinally, butter the two slices, re-assemble and
devour......

I exercise more restraint now
:-)

Enjoy, I'm glad I did it, a great experience. How are you getting back
from JOG?

Hoping to get a train but aware of the vagiaries of ScotRail and booking
problems.

The other item to consider is cereal bars (the Jordan's ones are quite
good) - but the real key is to keep nibbling away during the day - hence

the
malt loaves (8 or 9) that I consumed during the trip!

I'm sure that I'll exceed 8 or 9 malt loaves...I'm a big guy and I use a lot
of energy overcoming gravity :-)
Been using energy bars on Audaxes and found them OK. Just woories about a
monotonous diet :-)

Vernon